The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 06-11-2020 12:40

I'm surprised nobody ever really legally challenged those figures in the first place when they had them onscreen half them cut off on tv and very much did look like a schhopl project gone wrong lol

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Chrisst - 07-11-2020 11:47

[Image: image-A317_5FA6778A.jpg]

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/too-late-to-find-nurses-needed-for-extremely-challenging-winter-with-40-000-vacancies/ar-BB1aMFh4?li=BBoPRmx&ocid=BHEA000

I don't know of anybody whose got it or had it so for me it's just something on the news, just statistics. The only person that I've heard is really suffering is Kate Garraway's husband. Boris Johnson had it for a week and Donald Trump a couple of days.
We're asked to to practise social distancing, wear a mask, wash our hands or isolate not necessarily for our own health but to protect the NHS that is potentially unable to offer enough care on account of the shortage of nurses. Twenty-two hospitals worth gives me an idea of how much of a problem they have and I'd commend any of those nurses who are trying to help.

Surely they need every one of them that they can get

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 07-11-2020 11:52

Are the Nightingale Hospitals going to be used?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Chrisst - 07-11-2020 15:33

They've no nurses for it but let's hope the London one is kept on stand-by for ever and a day.
It occupies the building where one of the worlds biggest arms fairs usually takes place. annoyed

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Goodfella3041 - 07-11-2020 16:32

(07-11-2020 11:47 )Chrisst Wrote:  I don't know of anybody whose got it or had it so for me it's just something on the news, just statistics....

A friend of mine was a real mask and lockdown ‘sceptic’, constantly railing about how this is all exaggerated and reeling off statistics to ‘debunk’ all the public health warnings.

Then his brother got it and died.

Now my friend is mask and lockdown ‘zealot’, constantly railing about people who are not wearing masks or social distancing and reeling off statistics to prove that the government isn’t doing enough.

I think that might be a common phenomenon. It’s all just a nuisance until it hits close to home and then it’s a crisis.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Boomerangutangangbang - 07-11-2020 17:24

(07-11-2020 11:47 )Chrisst Wrote:  [Image: image-A317_5FA6778A.jpg]

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/too-late-to-find-nurses-needed-for-extremely-challenging-winter-with-40-000-vacancies/ar-BB1aMFh4?li=BBoPRmx&ocid=BHEA000

I don't know of anybody whose got it or had it so for me it's just something on the news, just statistics. The only person that I've heard is really suffering is Kate Garraway's husband. Boris Johnson had it for a week and Donald Trump a couple of days.
A flippant attitude, are you really suggesting that unless it's a World Leader or well know TV presenter's relative, then it's of no interest. However sad it might be, it's not helpful to only focus on Kate Garraway's story when non celebrities are obviously suffering & dying.
What you've said here is a common attitude, human nature. just something on the news, just stats, if it isn't personal to us than we can ignore it to some degree. Doesn't look like it's going away any time soon. I live in a sleepy village, but I know people that have had it & some that have died from it. Unless you live alone in a cave or somewhere similar, it wont be long before you know someone who has had it or got it.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 07-11-2020 20:03

I know this may be a stupid question to ask but I'll ask anyway :-
Why didn't the Govt ban the sale of fireworks if they had known Fireworks Night would happen slap bang at the start of lockdown?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 07-11-2020 21:12

As the lockdown was announced just before bonfire night most of the fireworks had already been sold.

I do agree that fireworks should be banned from general sale. It's ridiculous that you can walk into a supermarket and buy low grade explosives.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 07-11-2020 23:51

I was coming home from a job that night, through the local town, and some moron was letting fireworks off in his garden right next the pavement. One went horizontally across the road in front of me, and hit the wall on the other side eekannoyed

He fucking nearly got his whole garden wall lifted up and dumped on the rest of his fireworks.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 08-11-2020 08:22

Unfortunately you get some morons/iditots/wankers (delete which appropriate) who don't use fireworks as they are supposed to be used like
safely.