The UK Babe Channels Forum
Vuvuzela - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Football (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: Vuvuzela (/showthread.php?tid=21334)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Vuvuzela - admin. - 15-06-2010 23:43

(15-06-2010 19:11 )Timbo Wrote:  i just hope the bbc sort it out were by you can turn them off when watching games.

The BBC is wholly committed to reflecting the atmosphere in the stadiums on its main coverage, and providing the viewer with a match experience which is as authentic as possible, but is also looking into providing an alternative feed via the red button. This alternative feed would strip out the majority of crowd noise and would placate those killjoys who don't appreciate the joyful expression of South African culture and those who don't wish to experience the World Cup in an authentic way.

RE: Vuvuzela - Danzig - 16-06-2010 09:09

It's bound to be all the rage across Europe next season,it's just another instrument for fans to play with at stadiums like horns and drums...we are still doing Mexican waves 24 years after that World Cup.

RE: Vuvuzela - Regenerated - 16-06-2010 09:22

I don't mind the vuvuzelas. I can see it from both sides, and while some european fans are not used to it, this is the South African way and they deserve to host the event in their style. The World Cup is a world event, and as such should be open to the whole world to generate the atmosphere in their own style.

If TV viewers wish they could always press the red button and choose sound off if they dont wish to hear the vuvuzelas. If the BBC are trying to do an option on interactive to switch off the noise then thats good news for some people.

Personally from my point of view, I dont mind hearing the vuvuzelas.Smile

RE: Vuvuzela - Shady - 16-06-2010 09:42

I do find them incredibly annoying personally, so my first reaction was "Ban them!"

However, as has been pointed out previously in the thread, this is part of the culture of the South African game and we should accept it accordingly. I also think that the more attention which is drawn to it by the media, the more it remains an issue. I'm betting we will be almost oblivious to it by the tournament's close.

RE: Vuvuzela - aaron - 16-06-2010 09:56

(16-06-2010 09:09 )Danzig Wrote:  It's bound to be all the rage across Europe next season

The FA and the Premier League have already said they have no authority over whether fans take vuvuzelas to matches next season. It's down to each individual club to decide.

RE: Vuvuzela - Splash - 16-06-2010 10:14

Bring back the good old fashioned rattle I say!

RE: Vuvuzela - stevesworld - 16-06-2010 10:46

Uh Oh... There are 4 in the post headed my way... a gift from the homeland...

My kids really want them, hope there are more positive attitudes out there or I'm going to be having some scraps come the new season !

RE: Vuvuzela - 7 stars of the orient - 16-06-2010 11:03

(16-06-2010 10:46 )stevesworld Wrote:  Uh Oh... There are 4 in the post headed my way... a gift from the homeland...

You could have got them from Sainsburys. If they've got any left that is, they say their stock of 75,000 is selling fast. They sold 22,000 alone on the day of the last England game.

RE: Vuvuzela - prince henry sinclair - 16-06-2010 13:42

A well known Argentinian tries out a vuvuzela:

RE: Vuvuzela -
rickhardo - 16-06-2010 14:26

(16-06-2010 09:09 )Danzig Wrote:  It's bound to be all the rage across Europe next season,

If you're right I predict we'll see the first death caused by rectal insertion of a vuvuzela by the end of September.