The UK Babe Channels Forum
Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: TV & Film Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+---- Thread: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses (/showthread.php?tid=28766)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - Chimpy - 23-01-2011 20:26

(23-01-2011 18:46 )skateguy Wrote:  
(23-01-2011 13:06 )Chimpy Wrote:  i think pretty much any film in which he has to play a non Scottish character has fallen on its ass

Including his part as an Irish-American in The Untouchables, for which he won an Oscar?

There is always an exception to the rule but even in that film his voice/accent was questionable,i'm not taking anything away from his performance but the Oscar should of gone to Vincent Gardenia for his role in Moonstruck,that film dominated the Oscars in that year Smile

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - vostok 1 - 23-01-2011 21:01

(23-01-2011 18:40 )gazfc Wrote:  Just watching highlander, a film full of badly cast actors

"You sound strange, where is that accent from?"
"Lots of different places."

Wink

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - vostok 1 - 23-01-2011 21:11

Jude Law in Breaking and Entering.
The role was of a middle aged man suffering from a mid-life crisis, falling for a young immigrant mother. Instead you had a stylish, dashing young man falling for and getting turned down by a much older woman.

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - vostok 1 - 23-01-2011 21:17

My worst accent choice goes to Liam Neeson as a comedy cockney in "The Dead Pool".
Neeson to Clint Eastwood: "OI! I DITENT MURDA' NO BLOKES...STOP 'ASSELIN ME, LOVE!"

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - HEX!T - 23-01-2011 21:46

worst accent ever? anna lovato in sprint.

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - lucent-x - 23-01-2011 23:14

1) Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars, wrong wrong wrong; it's Ewen McGregor for christ sake. Now I'm perfectly willing to suspend disbelief for a worthwhile cause, or in this case Lucas's legacy soiling 3-prong shitfest, but combine the awful casting with the awful wooden performance...well, disaster.

2) Whoever played Moriarty in the recent BBC Sherlock reboot, much too young and over the top, just didn't get it.

3) Steven Segal in [insert name of any Stephen Segal film], seriously the guy would be miscast in a film about Steven Segal.

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - vostok 1 - 24-01-2011 02:04

(23-01-2011 23:14 )lucent-x Wrote:  3) Steven Segal in [insert name of any Stephen Segal film], seriously the guy would be miscast in a film about Steven Segal.

SACRILEGE.

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - chrislatimer - 24-01-2011 02:08

jack nicholson in all about schimdt

just didnt seem right with him in that role. would of been good for dustin hoffman.

worst accent will always be dick van dyke in mary poppins

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - lindor - 24-01-2011 16:58

There's something about Jack Nicholson and Robert DeNiro in 'nice guy' roles or comedy that just seems so WRONG given their past cinematic CVs.

Love Lucent-X's Steven Segal quote! Dito Stallone in anything other than mumbling boxer/Vietnam veteran roles.

RE: Badly Cast Actors/ Actresses - alexfury - 24-01-2011 17:07

any movie where Keanu Reeves plays a tuff guy
i just know in my heart of hearts i could kick his ass