The UK Babe Channels Forum
English County Season 2011 - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Cricket (/forumdisplay.php?fid=215)
+----- Thread: English County Season 2011 (/showthread.php?tid=31679)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: English County Season 2011 - Boomerangutangangbang - 09-07-2011 19:52

(09-07-2011 16:46 )Charlemagne Wrote:  You Yorkshire fans should be grateful that you have some good young talent coming through... and that your board are backing them.
This policy will pay dividends in future years.

Some of the other counties are blocking their young players by using overseas players who have somehow got qualification to play for England or an EU country.

Our young players are inconsistant,this will only improved by playing games,a blend of youth & experience is what's required.Teams are financially rewarded now for fielding young English qualified players.Being a large County should give us an advantage

RE: English County Season 2011 - ABW - 14-07-2011 16:27

Crazy scheduling this season, perhaps worse than other seasons!?

An example : Somerset played a T20 away at Middlesex on Sunday, then a 4 day Championship match at Nottingham from Monday until today and tomorrow they begin a 3 day home match versus India!

8 consecutive days of cricket not to mention the travelling involved!

Counties get criticised for not fielding their strongest teams against touring sides, yet how can Somerset do anything other than not play their strongest XI on the back of 5 days of high class cricket where the results do matter!

IMO I think India should be playing an England Lions team over the weekend, something that seemed to be more the case in the build up to tests.

RE: English County Season 2011 - Boomerangutangangbang - 22-07-2011 18:43

After watching a tv prog marking the 30th anniversary of Botham's Ashes the night before.Yesterdays Roses clash drew parallels to Leeds '81,Yorkshire collapsed to 45-8.But a century from Pyrah & fifty from Sidebottom propelled them to an unlikely 239 all out.Their 154 stand was like Botham & Dilley all over again !

RE: English County Season 2011 - Boomerangutangangbang - 26-08-2011 18:07

T20 Finals day tomorrow.1st Semi sees an Leicestershire v Lancashire.Followed by a re-match of last years Final (which ended in controversy) between Hampshire & Somerset,who I'd like to see go one better this time, after being runners up in all 3 competitions last year.

RE: English County Season 2011 - Money_Shot - 26-08-2011 18:37

C'mon the Hampshire!!!!

RE: English County Season 2011 - Rammyrascal - 26-08-2011 19:33

COME ON LANCASHIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: English County Season 2011 - bigguy01 - 26-08-2011 20:23

northants need to beat surrey and avoid defeat at gloucestershire to be winners of divinsion 2 county championship. they have been top all season. there has been too much t20.

RE: English County Season 2011 - Money_Shot - 26-08-2011 20:47

T20 does get a bit overkill, and obviously gets more exposure, but its like a crash course in cricket so I can see why. It is exciting and action packed.
I'm still old fashioned and my love test series though .

RE: English County Season 2011 - iamthatjack - 05-09-2011 19:00

Tests will always be what I watch and care about the most, it is the best form of cricket.

ODIs can be pretty entertaining, some can be terrible and T20s are fun but overkilled, as Money_Shot has said.

In the CB40, my boys Surrey are back where they belong...a final! Hopefully we can finally clinch some silverware!

RE: English County Season 2011 - Boomerangutangangbang - 05-09-2011 19:55

Yorkshire came close last year & almost won the Championship,but messed up the last match.Look likely to finish bottom & the prospect of Div 2 cricket next year.One day form worst than ever.