The UK Babe Channels Forum
Good Gig Guide (merged thread) - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Music Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+---- Thread: Good Gig Guide (merged thread) (/showthread.php?tid=4312)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Good Gig Guide - Shandy - 25-02-2009 19:05

Queen @ Wembley in 86 & Foo Fighters at Wembley 2007 Big Grin

RE: Good Gig Guide - m100 - 25-02-2009 19:59

Quote:My first ever gig was U2 on the Joshua tree tour at NEC Birmingham! My older brother took me! Awesome aswell

The first time I saw u2 was at Tiffany's (a disco!) in leeds which Bono still remembers as it's the only place they've played 'with potted palm trees'! Christ knows how I got in cos I was nowhere near 18. Saw them 12 months later in deep snow at Manchester Apollo sat outside at midnight talking to them while about 1.30am. Queud for hours for tickets to the unforgettable fire tour, got soaked at milton keynes 85, Bono used my mates leather jacket at Wembley arena 87 we were right at the front, my mate failed to tell them he couldn't play guitar when he got pulled up on stage. Could go on won't - really have had some amazing nights with them.

RE: Good Gig Guide - Gaz "AV1" Aston - 25-02-2009 20:09

sounds amazing !!!! Would have loved to have seen Queen at their peak and really like the Foo Fighters aswell!

RE: Good Gig Guide - $h!ny h3lm3t - 25-02-2009 20:11

astonv1 Wrote:sounds amazing !!!! Would have loved to have seen Queen at their peak and really like the Foo Fighters aswell!
Big Grin I think shandy saw the queen gig on DVD!

RE: Good Gig Guide - m100 - 25-02-2009 20:33

Random lesser known band - Get Cape Wear Cape Fly.

RE: Good Gig Guide - Gaz "AV1" Aston - 25-02-2009 20:37

$h!ny h3lm3t Wrote:
astonv1 Wrote:sounds amazing !!!! Would have loved to have seen Queen at their peak and really like the Foo Fighters aswell!
Big Grin I think shandy saw the queen gig on DVD!
Tongue lol

RE: Good Gig Guide - m100 - 25-02-2009 23:25

Talking of Glastonbury, see anonimity earlier, oasis, blur and pulp 95 takes some beating - pulp especially were fantastic. Bowie at Glastonbury was one of the best I've ever seen, certainly one of the greatest starts ever - Wild is the wind/china girl/changes/life on mars. I reckon the bloke who runs Glastonbury has a hitlist and once he's ticked off u2. the stones and Prince and now he's got Springsteen he'll call it a day.

RE: Good Gig Guide - Spacey - 25-02-2009 23:42

Its a pitty that http://www.liveatlochlomond.com/ is not on this year but will be back in 2010.
But I am still thinking about going to this

http://www.rockness.co.uk/headline-acts

RE: Good Gig Guide - m100 - 27-02-2009 23:51

re: rockness - the flaming lips are always worth a go. Stole the show at Glastonbury a few years ago. Apparently U2 are a near cert for Glastonbury 2010.

live in concert - rogerthedoger - 30-05-2009 06:56

who have you seen live in concert i have seen Dido live at brixton acadmey