The UK Babe Channels Forum
Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Football (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager (/showthread.php?tid=43772)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - aceman65 - 08-02-2012 21:47

I've been watching this on Sky News, and it would seem from all the twitter posts they are quoting, that most think that because all the players have to be English, then so should the manager.

I tend to agree with that, when it comes to the national teams. I just hope Mourinho doesn't get the job.

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - Money_Shot - 08-02-2012 21:48

(08-02-2012 21:42 )southsidestu Wrote:  Based on his accomplishments outside the national team he is the best manager to hold the position.

It's a hard one to call because even though i hate John Terry and i deteste racism i believe in innocent until proven guilty. I also believe that an administrative body should not interefere with the running of the team otherwise why hire a manager just put them on the touchline.

If i were Spurs fans i would be shitting maself you have a manager top of the list of candidates and who has a history of leaving the club at the drop of the hat when a new oppurtunity comes along

Couldn't agree more! I will use the example of Chelsea as they're an appropriate club considering the papers have a fair amount to say about the running of the club, the manager changes and Terry... Everyone says when a manager is hired at Chelsea it is at the mercy of Roman Abramovic and that they are there to coach not pick the side etc etc, how wrong it is and how that isn't how to run a club side.

Yet the F.A make a call above Capello's head and he's meant to just take it ? They've gone over the managers head and it set a BAD precedent.

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - Money_Shot - 08-02-2012 21:50

It will be Pearce and Southgate for now... Let's hope they don't show them how to take a penalty Wink

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - LODOS - 08-02-2012 21:53

just had a thought BECKHAM for manager anyone

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - eagle_si - 08-02-2012 21:53

The media seem to have already given 'Arry Redknapp the job, as we can't have one of those evil foreigners getting the job, can we now? Of course they've forgotten what a brilliant job the last Englishman did Rolleyes

Interestingly, there was a tweet from Opta saying that Capello had the best win percentage of any full-time England boss (67%). http://t.co/jZomwzhS But then again, Steve McClaren had a better percentage than Bobby Robson, so it shows once more that stats don't mean a great deal.

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - William H Bonney - 08-02-2012 22:02

Arsene Wenger is getting a few mentions as next England manager. The Arsenal fans are turning against him, so it could be a good time for him to leave, but if it's to be another foreign manager then Jose Mourinho looks more likely. Roy Hodgson and Alan Pardew are getting mentions too. If Stuart Pearce doesn't want to be caretaker manager until the end of the season, then the FA would no doubt regard Roy Hodgson as a safe pair of hands.

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - Money_Shot - 08-02-2012 22:07

Couldn't think of anything more uninspiring then Hodgson as manager.

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - LODOS - 08-02-2012 22:17

who better to inspire the players

[Image: david_beckham_england_thumb.jpg]

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - William H Bonney - 08-02-2012 22:23

(08-02-2012 21:53 )LODOS Wrote:  just had a thought BECKHAM for manager anyone

Has Beckham got the coaching badges?

Anyway SkyBet go as follows:

Harry Redknapp 2/7
Stuart Pearce 5/1
Guus Hiddink 7/1
Roy Hodgson 12/1
Alan Pardew 14/1
Jose Mourinho 14/1
Arsene Wenger 18/1
Rafael Benítez 20/1

RE: Fabio Capello Has Resigned As England Manager - LODOS - 08-02-2012 22:25