The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Frank Carson - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Frank Carson (/showthread.php?tid=44199)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: RIP Frank Carson - Stillroom Rock - 23-02-2012 02:37

So I rang up British Telecom, I said 'I want to report a nuisance caller', he said 'Not you again'.

"Someone threw a petrol bomb at Alex Higgins once and he drank it!"

Have you heard about the Irishman who reversed into a car boot sale and sold the engine?

Paddy is woken in the middle of the night by a phone call. The caller says "Is that Dublin 22 33 22?" Paddy says "no it's Dublin 223 322!" the caller apologises for waking him in the middle of the night, Paddy says "Oh it's all right I had to get up to answer the phone anyhow!"

RIP Frank

RE: RIP Frank Carson - Suurbier - 23-02-2012 07:22

Another sad loss RIP

RE: RIP Frank Carson - Doddle - 23-02-2012 14:16

A great age, a sad loss, but most important, a very funny man Bounce

RIP Sad

RE: RIP Frank Carson - Paulie69 - 23-02-2012 19:43

RIP Frank, thanks for making me laugh so much.

RE: RIP Frank Carson - mr williams - 23-02-2012 21:47

By one of those strange coincidences, the death has been announced today of Ken Goodwin (78), who starred alongside Frank Carson in The Comedians in the 1970s.

RE: RIP Frank Carson - SOCATOA - 24-02-2012 17:32

(23-02-2012 21:47 )mr williams Wrote:  By one of those strange coincidences, the death has been announced today of Ken Goodwin (78), who starred alongside Frank Carson in The Comedians in the 1970s.

Two great comic's, two who will be missed. "Settle down now" and "i'm to good for this place" Lots of fond memories of Ken, R.I.P.

RE: RIP Frank Carson - lovebabes56 - 24-02-2012 20:02

Ken was just as funny as Frank was, yet it begs the question:- I wonder how many of the Comedians lineup are still alive?

RE: RIP Frank Carson - HAGGIS - 24-02-2012 20:22

Frank was one of the all time greatest comedians who could make any generation laugh, Frank you will be missed by many RIP

RE: RIP Frank Carson - Newport Bob - 24-02-2012 21:52

(24-02-2012 20:02 )babelover48 Wrote:  Ken was just as funny as Frank was, yet it begs the question:- I wonder how many of the Comedians lineup are still alive?

from wikipedia

The show gave a stage to nightclub and working men's club comedians of the era, including Stan Boardman, George Roper, Paul Melba, Roy Walker, Tom O'Connor, Frank Carson, Jim Bowen, Charlie Williams, Sammy Thomas, Dave Butler, Mike Reid, Duggie Brown, Lenny Windsor, Colin Crompton, Ken Goodwin, Johnny Wager, Harry Scott, Mike Burton, Brian Carroll, Lennie Bennett, Charlie Daze, Vince Earl, Russ Abbot, Jimmy Bright, Steve Faye, Stu Francis, Jerry Harris, Jackie Hamilton, George King, Mick Miller, Bryn Phillips, Tom Pepper, Lee Wilson, Bobby Knutt, Bernard Manning and Eddie Flanagan.

a lot of them arent too familiar but of the main ones im pretty sure stan boardman, roy walker, tom oconnor, jim bowen, duggie brown, stu francis and russ abbot are still alive.

charlie williams, lennie bennett , george roper, mike reid, colin crompton and bernard manning are all dead

RE: RIP Frank Carson - Suurbier - 24-02-2012 22:04

Is it true about Ken Goodwin? I remember him from Look In magazine too