The UK Babe Channels Forum
Is That Film Any Good? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: TV & Film Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+---- Thread: Is That Film Any Good? (/showthread.php?tid=49308)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - skateguy - 03-09-2012 21:44

(03-09-2012 18:36 )iamthatjack Wrote:  I suppose we can add TV shows to this as well.

Is Arrested Development any good? Heard it's funny, but is it really?

I guess it depends on what sort of humour floats your boat. I don't generally like sitcoms, but thought this one was excellent and a cut above any other I've seen - definitely the best US sitcom I've seen. While its only one site, a 9.3 rating on IMDB suggests a lot of people thought it was funny.

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - iamthatjack - 03-09-2012 21:51

I saw the IMDB score, but has always correlated with what I have enjoyed in the past.

I've heard it's funny, but not in an obvious way, as you say, a cut above others...I'll check it out...thanks! Big Grin

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - Scotsman - 03-09-2012 21:54

I wouldn't say the humour isn't obvious, it's just different to the bog standard trash that's generally passed off as a sitcom on TV. It's up there with the greatest sitcoms of all time and if you get the style of humour, it's something you can watch over and over again and keep picking up little bits and pieces. It's a really, really smart show and endlessly quotable.

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - iamthatjack - 03-09-2012 21:59

Sold! Thanks guys. Sounds right up my street, giving me a Seinfeld/Parks and Recreation vibe!

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - Scotsman - 03-09-2012 22:11

It's definitely along those lines, but better than both in my opinion though I do love Parks & Rec.

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - The Narcissist - 03-09-2012 22:32

If you're thinking about watching it why not just WATCH IT hahahaha

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - iamthatjack - 03-09-2012 23:58

Well if I heard it was shit, I wouldn't bother!

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - Rammyrascal - 26-09-2012 11:47

the hunger games. just downloaded it off itunes, never saw it when it was at the cinema

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - lancealot790 - 06-10-2012 13:59

Thinking about buying the Steelbook edition of prometheus for my collection but have yet to see the film, opinions please.

RE: Is That Film Any Good? - *Kal-El* - 06-10-2012 14:05

(06-10-2012 13:59 )lancealot790 Wrote:  Thinking about buying the Steelbook edition of prometheus for my collection but have yet to see the film, opinions please.

I've heard its a good film but all depends if your a fan of the aliens films and if your a fan of collecting steel books, plus i did read the blu ray version has a alternate beginning and a alternate ending which should make things very interesting.