The UK Babe Channels Forum
Rik Mayall - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Rik Mayall (/showthread.php?tid=60721)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rik Mayall - lovebabes56 - 09-06-2014 18:36

Stunned is the only word I can use here. Rik Mayall will always be a true legend od Brit comedy. The Young ones archaic but brill and ground breaking for it's time in suppose you could compare that with Monty Python in a way. bottom was just pure classic with Ade Edmondson. I wasn't keen on his political satire B'stard but I'm sure that appealed to many. I'm sure Mel Smith is waiting for him. R.I.P. Rik we will miss you.

RE: Rik Mayall - BaddaBing - 09-06-2014 18:40

The Young Ones, Bottom and Blackadder were a massive part of me growing up and seeing this has really saddened me. He was a great part in the way comedy TV changed in this country and he shouldn't be forgotten for that.

R.I.P. "Richard Richard"

RE: Rik Mayall - Snooks - 09-06-2014 18:44

The Young Ones and Bottom in particular had me in stitches very regularly.
Daft toilet humour at its very best Big Grin.
Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson had a unique on screen chemistry that was simply hilarious.
Bashing each other over the head with frying pans was merely a taster of their ridiculously silly antics Big Grin.
And I will forever remember The University Challenge episode of The Young Ones Bounce.
My memories of Rik Mayall are all very happy and very funny ones Big Grin.
R.I.P.

RE: Rik Mayall - Tractor boy - 09-06-2014 18:57

Rik Mayall was one of my favorite comedians growing up. I loved bottom and the new statesman they were British comedy at its best.
RIP Rik

RE: Rik Mayall - ste-boro - 09-06-2014 19:11

Such sad news my condolences got out to his family. R.I.P Rik Mayall

RE: Rik Mayall - Stillroom Rock - 09-06-2014 19:55

Loved The Young Ones and Bottom.... He never really grew up was always a naughty child who found farts extremely funny. RIP

RE: Rik Mayall - lucent-x - 09-06-2014 19:57

This has made me genuinely sad, he was an absolute legend in my eyes.

I will never ever get bored of watching Bottom. Thank you for so many laughs Rik Mayall... RIP Sad

RE: Rik Mayall - kruse - 09-06-2014 20:11

A hero during my teenage years, so sad. RIP

Hope to see The Young Ones University Challenge episode aired soon in tribute.

RE: Rik Mayall - thescientist - 09-06-2014 20:16

Just heard the news. I'm shocked. Alan B'stard one of my favourite characters ever R.I.P Rik.

RE: Rik Mayall - Matt77 - 09-06-2014 20:22

Only 56 - gone too soon.

Rick,
Richie Richard,
Alan B'Stard,
Lord Flashheart "Woof"

and just recently Greg Davies' mad dad in Man Down - was so looking forward to him reprising that role in the second series.