The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Carrie Fisher - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Carrie Fisher (/showthread.php?tid=69629)

Pages: 1 2

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - Regenerated - 27-12-2016 20:32

And the hits just keep on coming in 2016. Sad

Such another sad loss. RIP Carrie. Sad

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - terence - 27-12-2016 20:41

(24-12-2016 02:31 )Regenerated Wrote:  I saw this on the news this evening. Really sad news, I, as a Star Wars fan, was very sad to hear it.

But be aware that this is nothing to do with being a "Star Wars nerd flipping out" or even being a Star Wars fan. This is human life we're talking about and in my opinion it is wrong to be making a joke of it. It's nothing to do with Star Wars. This is the life of a human being on the line and to be making jokes or comments about nerds is completely wrong.

I hope she pulls through. My Prayers are with her and her family at this sad time. Sad

sorry but i've just noticed this. i wasn't talking about star wars nerds flipping out, i was making comment on the fact that the guardian news paper wrongly reported that william shatner starred in star wars with her, as tumble_drier had showed in his previous post. the nerds i was referring to were srtar trek nerds, and the fact that they would be 'flipping out' at the inaccuracy.

you should spend a bit more time reading and trying to understand the tone of a post instead of jumping to the most base conclusion. you are implying that i have no respect for the poor lady, which could not be further from the truth.

anyway, R.I.P carrie fisher. 60's way to young.

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - Regenerated - 27-12-2016 20:49

(27-12-2016 20:41 )terence Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 02:31 )Regenerated Wrote:  I saw this on the news this evening. Really sad news, I, as a Star Wars fan, was very sad to hear it.

But be aware that this is nothing to do with being a "Star Wars nerd flipping out" or even being a Star Wars fan. This is human life we're talking about and in my opinion it is wrong to be making a joke of it. It's nothing to do with Star Wars. This is the life of a human being on the line and to be making jokes or comments about nerds is completely wrong.

I hope she pulls through. My Prayers are with her and her family at this sad time. Sad

sorry but i've just noticed this. i wasn't talking about star wars nerds flipping out, i was making comment on the fact that the guardian news paper said william shatner starred in star wars with her. the nerds i was referring to were srtar trek nerds, and the fact that they would be 'flipping out' at the inaccuracy.

you should spend a bit more time reading and trying to understand the tone of a post instead of jumping to the most base conclusion. you are implying that i have no respect for the poor lady, which could not be further from the truth.

OK, fair enough - thank you for the clarification - I apologize for my apparent misunderstanding.

I still feel that any kind of joke was inappropriate in the circumstances, but I apologize not getting the tone of the post - I'll agree to put this behind us if you will.

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - terence - 27-12-2016 20:51

fair enough mate but for the record, my post wasn't meant as a joke.

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - Regenerated - 27-12-2016 20:56

(27-12-2016 20:51 )terence Wrote:  fair enough mate but for the record, my post wasn't meant as a joke.

OK. We'll put this behind us. I've been fed up a lot in recent months, with sad news events this year and other things on this forum, and perhaps my frustrations came out a little wrong in the post.

I just wish this wretched year would end already. It's getting too painful.

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - HannahsPet - 27-12-2016 21:00

Well looks like All of her scenes on Episode 8 have been completed so she will be in the next one will be sad but get to see her play leia one more time

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - Rammyrascal - 29-12-2016 02:57

news breaking that Carrie Fisher's mother, actress Debbie Reynolds has now also died aged 84

so sad for Billie Lourd to lose her mum and Grandmother in the space of a few days

all my condolences to her and her family

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - *Kal-El* - 29-12-2016 04:12

First Carrie Fisher dies then a day later her mother dies life can be so cruel at times, condolences to the family R.I.P Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - Charlemagne - 14-04-2017 16:56

The 40th anniversary celebration of the Star Wars franchise in Orlando, closed with a video tribute to Carrie Fisher. The video included a look at Fisher’s life as Leia Organa and featured a brief glimpse of the actress on the set of this year’s Star Wars.

RE: RIP Carrie Fisher - Rammyrascal - 14-04-2017 17:14

Also was a lovely tribute from Carrie Fisher's daughter Billie Lourd at this Star Wars 40th Anniversary Celebration

https://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/billie-lourd-dressed-as-princess-leia-and-gave-a-powerful?utm_term=.mr3Nzy2xWm#.wlbV4MJd9P