The UK Babe Channels Forum
R.I.P Gordon Banks - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: R.I.P Gordon Banks (/showthread.php?tid=76214)

Pages: 1 2

RE: R.I.P Gordon Banks - lovebabes56 - 12-02-2019 14:21

(12-02-2019 13:05 )Tractor boy Wrote:  England's greatest ever keeper, and another member of the nation's world cup winning side gone.

RIP Gordon

Who are the only ones left now?

RE: R.I.P Gordon Banks - GMach1 - 12-02-2019 18:53

Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Geoff Hurst, I think Nobby Stiles is but very ill, Martin Peters, Roger Hunt, George Cohen, and a few others that didn't make the squad. Sad to hear of the passing of Gordon Banks, I was born before the World Cup in May so I never saw it(same with the moon landing) but by a staggering coincidence my 50th birthday Lunch was held at the Hendon Hall Hotel, where the England squad stayed before the game and there is a nice picture of the whole squad outside one of the big halls there-or there was until it closed last year.

RE: R.I.P Gordon Banks - lovebabes56 - 12-02-2019 19:46

(12-02-2019 18:53 )GreenMachine Wrote:  Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Geoff Hurst, I think Nobby Stiles is but very ill, Martin Peters, Roger Hunt, George Cohen, and a few others that didn't make the squad. Sad to hear of the passing of Gordon Banks, I was born before the World Cup in May so I never saw it(same with the moon landing) but by a staggering coincidence my 50th birthday Lunch was held at the Hendon Hall Hotel, where the England squad stayed before the game and there is a nice picture of the whole squad outside one of the big halls there-or there was until it closed last year.

Whderevdr that picture is now it would be v valuable

RE: R.I.P Gordon Banks - Charlemagne - 04-03-2019 16:07

Today was Gordon's funeral at Stoke Minster.
The surviving team of 66 & past England goalkeepers were present and the keepers from Gordon's clubs plus Joe Hart were the pallbearers