The UK Babe Channels Forum
Danny Baker fired for racist tweet - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Danny Baker fired for racist tweet (/showthread.php?tid=76910)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Danny Baker fired for racist tweet - HannahsPet - 10-05-2019 19:58

Always knew he was into White power !!! Tongue Tongue

[Image: D6HqGwxXoAEuCG2.jpg]

RE: Danny Baker fired for racist tweet - Tumble_Drier - 10-05-2019 21:39

(10-05-2019 12:24 )GreenMachine Wrote:  He has made a full apology; at worst it was a grave error of judgement and naiviety and I am quite convinced there are people who don't follow the royals and would be unaware of what this connotation had, but I don't think he is racist. The BBC overreacted in my opinion -at best he should have been given a real carpeting or at worst suspended for a certain time, but total sacking? No, I don't think it warranted that. I wouldn't be surprised if Danny turned up on a rival station again-he has previous of course but then look at Kenny Everett and the number of stations he was sacked from. He's been a prat but paid the ultimate price for that stupidity.

From the BBC Social Media Policy.

"when identified as a BBC staff member or BBC talent, people:

Should not engage in activities on the Internet which might bring the BBC into disrepute.

Should not post derogatory or offensive comments on the Internet."

There will be a disrepute clause in Baker's contract. Instant dismissal is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

RE: Danny Baker fired for racist tweet - The Silent Majority - 10-05-2019 23:32

Well this unfortunate incident hasn't changed my opinion of Baker at all.

He was a prick before, and he's still a prick now.

RE: Danny Baker fired for racist tweet - Baggiebhoy - 12-05-2019 16:15

To be fair, I had to have it explained to me what he'd done wrong. I didn't even think about her heritage, and even if I had I wouldn't have equated the monkey with it. My brain just doesn't work like that (thankfully).

But yeah, if you're in the public eye - especially with an organisation like the BBC - you have to be smarter.

I genuinely believe it was a mistake, he's paid for it with his job, but I don't think he should face police action or similar.