The UK Babe Channels Forum
R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons (/showthread.php?tid=80054)

Pages: 1 2

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Dave64 - 28-01-2020 15:32

(28-01-2020 15:27 )SecretAgent Wrote:  
(28-01-2020 13:13 )GMach1 Wrote:  Absolutely loved Just A Minute with the original team of Clement Freud, Kenneth Williams, Peter Jones and a fourth I can't remember s.

Wasn't it Willie Rushton? I recall seeing him in a pub years ago round the corner from where they did the Just a Minute recordings. Lets just say he was limbering up for the show

The fourth was Derek Nimmo - Willie Ruston was a regular on the other Radio 4 panel show I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue.

Nicholas Parsons was great on JAM, will be sorely missed.

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Kevin555 - 28-01-2020 17:22

Hi

Very sad but he did have a good innings 96 is a great age to go. After school he completed an engineering apprenticeship in Glasgow. Saw an interview with him discussing it, he said it was a very happy time, and in a time when Glasgow was regarded as hard work and the temple of failure for lots of comedians he thrived on it.

As was said a decent funny man, RIP Nicholas

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - GMach1 - 28-01-2020 19:06

Yes Derek Nimmo. Nicholas and Kenneth Williams used to have clashes(all in good fun) but this was instigated by the producer who would raise his hand and that was as a signal for Williams to go off on a rant "cult! I'm the biggest cult on here!" but Parsons took it all in his stride.

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - Regenerated - 29-01-2020 02:10

A broadcasting legend.

RIP Nicholas Parsons Sad

RE: R.I.P Nicholas Parsons - lovebabes56 - 29-01-2020 07:26

A legend of TV & radio that we will never see the likes of again condolences to all concerned 96 is a great age and I'm sure there will be a great radio station for him up there