The UK Babe Channels Forum
Post Office Scandal - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Post Office Scandal (/showthread.php?tid=88516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New Years Honours List - Tumble_Drier - 10-01-2024 20:19

^Fujitsu aren't a scapegoat, they provided a hugely flawed system and were complicit in the following cover-up. The fact that others allowed it to be released into the wild is another matter entirely.

So it seems that Parliament will legislate to quash every conviction based on evidence from Horizon. It would be soooooo ironic if someone who actually was on the fiddle was not only exonerated but compensated too. Logic would suggest that out of over 900 convictions there must be at least a few that were genuine but it's now impossible to reinvestigate.

There's also another possible dimension to this which I've only so far seen mentioned on Twitter from an ex PO worker (not a Sub PostMaster/Mistress) who was forced to repay some of the shortfall herself and subsequently resigned because she couldn't afford it. That in itself would be illegal...

RE: New Years Honours List - Tumble_Drier - 10-01-2024 21:16

RE: New Years Honours List - lovebabes56 - 10-01-2024 21:23

From what I hear I think Panorama are screening something tonight.

RE: New Years Honours List - 4waydiablo - 11-01-2024 02:05

Well done to the police for starting an investigation into the biggest miscarriage of justice in UK history, only 15 years after it was written about in Computer Weekly and Private Eye. It's good to know the police are watching telly dramas to bring such things to their attention.

RE: New Years Honours List - lovebabes56 - 11-01-2024 11:31

It depends now how long that investigation will last, It is likely to be years before they bring any criminal charges.

RE: Post Office Scandal - Charlemagne - 11-01-2024 13:18

I've split these posts out of the Honours thread and created a new one specifically regarding the scandal and the inquiry.

After watching the inquiry today it's obvious that the lead Post Office investigator is totally out of his depth.

RE: Post Office Scandal - mysterion - 11-01-2024 13:41

I actually thought that video Tumble_Drier posted was real. Eventually it sank in that it was parody, but the fact I thought it was real to start with is a sad indictment of how government has handled this matter.

RE: Post Office Scandal - Tumble_Drier - 11-01-2024 14:04

^I posted it to see if it would catch anyone out Big Laugh

RE: Post Office Scandal - Chrisst - 11-01-2024 21:35

(10-01-2024 20:19 )Tumble_Drier Wrote:  ^It would be soooooo ironic if someone who actually was on the fiddle was not only exonerated but compensated too.

Thanks for writing this. I didn't dare. I don't suppose there is any/many but AFAIK there was 11500 post offices and the books didn't ballance at a thousand or something so I don't understand.

RE: Post Office Scandal - The old Clit Eastwood! - 11-01-2024 22:14

At the end of the day these poor people deserve what they are owed.
So many have died without an apology. Far too many excuses for not getting their finger out and sorting this fiasco .