The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 21-12-2020 08:47

(21-12-2020 07:30 )Nadam Wrote:  
(26-02-2020 08:36 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  As of yesterday four new cases of the virus have tested positive in this country bringing the total to thirteen and China has revealed a drop in cases but many experts say that China has on a daily basis shifted it's position of diagnosis from one path to another thus making it difficult to tell which is the true figure of cases. Italy has several towns on lockdown with movement restrictions and Spain has reported it's first case.

Is the world doing enough to contain thr virus?

link to late sit report from WHO:-
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200225-sitrep-36-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=2791b4e0_2

No, the world isn't doing enough.

Your foresight is amazing... Cool

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 23-12-2020 11:18

Tony Blair, that well known virologist is calling for all current vaccine stocks to be used on a single dose basis to cover more people. The fact that the Pfizer vaccine only becomes fully effective a week after the second dose seems to be lost on him.

Maybe he's concerned that the virus will kill more people than he did.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 23-12-2020 12:30

^ I'm wondering if he is also fearing that more people will be rising as zombies as a result of the vaccine - he'll be saying the flu jab is just as effective next!!

Surely he should know the Pfizer vaccine can't be given in single doseage?

Otherwise, I just wish he'd shut up he put lives at risk when he invaded Iraq.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 23-12-2020 12:48

(23-12-2020 12:30 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  ^ I'm wondering if he is also fearing that more people will be rising as zombies as a result of the vaccine - he'll be saying the flu jab is just as effective next!!

Surely he should know the Pfizer vaccine can't be given in single doseage?

Otherwise, I just wish he'd shut up he put lives at risk when he invaded Iraq.

It can be given in a single dose. Protection starts to occur within days of the first dose BUT protection levels are highest when combined with a second dose after 21 days. Peak protection is then from around 7-10 days after the second dose

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 23-12-2020 16:47

changes on boxing day

Cornwall and Herefordshire will go into Tier 2

Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Swindon, Isle of Wight, New Forest, Northamptonshire, Cheshire and Warrington will go into Tier 3

Essex, Norfolk, Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and Hampshire will enter Tier 4

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 23-12-2020 16:49

The good news is that the Oxford Vaccine is set for approval.
The bad news is that the Tier system 3 is not enough to stop the mutated virus and that more are going into tier 4.
And there's another mutation coming for South Africa.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 23-12-2020 17:11

the Oxford Vaccine is good news as its the one we have enough of to make a difference, they are talking of starting to us it from 29 dec,

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 26-12-2020 10:00

Just wondering how quickly does this virus mutate at times when we still have the original strain and one other mutation

What do we know about this South African strain at the moment?

And on a more personal note, my uncle (My dad's brother) passed away due to the virus. RIP

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 26-12-2020 10:26

(26-12-2020 10:00 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  Just wondering how quickly does this virus mutate at times when we still have the original strain and one other mutation

What do we know about this South African strain at the moment?

And on a more personal note, my uncle (My dad's brother) passed away due to the virus. RIP

There have been dozens of variants of the virus already. That's just what a virus does.

Sorry about your Uncle

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 28-12-2020 09:33

thank you mate and much appreiciated.

If the admissions are reaching first wave peak as suggested is it possible we would be heading right back to square one?