The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 03-01-2021 09:40

(03-01-2021 09:12 )HannahsPet Wrote:  They have now said should not mix

I like JVT take on it this morning using the 2 grand parents analogy You want 2 with 89% or 1 with 100% and one with nothing its as simple as that

in normal times this would be a non issue because would take years of studys and research and dosing but we dont have years prob dont have months

we may not ewven have weeks

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 03-01-2021 12:04

(03-01-2021 09:12 )HannahsPet Wrote:  They have now said should not mix

I like JVT take on it this morning using the 2 grand parents analogy You want 2 with 89% or 1 with 100% and one with nothing its as simple as that

in normal times this would be a non issue because would take years of studys and research and dosing but we dont have years prob dont have months

Consistently inconsistent!! Who knew?, and how did they reach this conclusion so quickly?? It surely merited more thought?? Oh no that would have been the crack pot suggestion to mix vaccines in the first place!!

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 03-01-2021 12:26

The Oxford University Vaccine team who developed the AZ vaccine did announce in December that they were going to work with the Russian Sputnik V vaccine team to see if combining the 2 vaccines would be effective and produce even better immune responses in recipients. Not sure if they have started this yet and they did say it would be trialled in Russia

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 03-01-2021 16:47

bojo has said on tv this morning that we are weeks away from a full natural lockdown same as last spring Sad saying it could be tougher than last spring though with back to only going out once a day, school closures and now night time curfews ffs not sure i can take months of that shit

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 03-01-2021 18:45

^I don't think many would mate probably would be catastrophic for economy and to be honest i would be worried how much more businesses can take, I would not be very surprised if Christmas 2020 on the high street hit anything like Xmas 2019 before this virus broke loose and can only guerss online shopping went through the roof as it usually does

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 03-01-2021 18:52

(03-01-2021 12:26 )SecretAgent Wrote:  The Oxford University Vaccine team who developed the AZ vaccine did announce in December that they were going to work with the Russian Sputnik V vaccine team to see if combining the 2 vaccines would be effective and produce even better immune responses in recipients. Not sure if they have started this yet and they did say it would be trialled in Russia

Mind you we not had/heard that much data or detail about the russian vaccine have we? I would be wary

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - munch1917 - 04-01-2021 06:32

(03-01-2021 12:26 )SecretAgent Wrote:  The Oxford University Vaccine team who developed the AZ vaccine did announce in December that they were going to work with the Russian Sputnik V vaccine team to see if combining the 2 vaccines would be effective and produce even better immune responses in recipients. Not sure if they have started this yet and they did say it would be trialled in Russia

Apparently those two vaccines are produced using similar techniques, so the vaccines are very similar, so a mix-n-match is more likely to work.

Keir Starmer is calling for an immediate lockdown nationwide. We have seen over 50,000 new cases for several days in a row now, even across the weekend, when numbers are often under-reported.
Can't help feeling much will depend on what happens today with schools returning. My local council has been actively contacting government asking for support for online teaching so they can keep all schools closed, and has advised all heads that they will support them if they choose to stay shut.
If large numbers of schools remain closed, or parents just keep their kids at home, I can see another Boris knee-jerk announcement this afternoon.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 04-01-2021 08:12

in theory the 2 vaccines should work together because from what i read they are just producing the spike protein so the Immune system can do its work none of the vaccines actually have any deactivated covid virus in them

note im not an expert

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 04-01-2021 14:19

Boris now sees the need for stricter measures apparently - just not yet??Huh If they are needed they are needed - waiting will only increase the level of 'collateral' damage in the meantime will it not??, otherwise why talk about the need for changes at all?? It is plain 'kamikaze nuts' Kamikaze in the sense of sending others 'dive bombing' in to the ground - not yourself!annoyed

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 04-01-2021 15:24

Scotland is going into full March level lockdown from midnight for only 4 weeks to start with, we will see