The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 04-01-2021 15:31

UK has become the first country to not be on a covid curve anymore, our line is now just going straight up

[Image: cov-10.jpg]

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Skyline - 04-01-2021 15:54

Rolleyesbladewave

I watched some of Johnsons comments today on Sky News about schools reopening, but I had this image stuck with me afterwards Tongue

[Image: 134957021-1082255925530378-8448107367252944736-n-2.jpg]

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 04-01-2021 16:03

^ He’s making a statement at 8pm so I expect full lockdown with schools closed

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Boomerangutangangbang - 04-01-2021 16:38

This is not the time to tickle it with a feather, it needs a whack round the head with a big fuck off baseball bat. Important Nothing short of a full March style lockdown, minimum, but really needs even more restrictions than that, for a least a month & then see where we are.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 04-01-2021 16:45

Are the rules in Scotland, schools are to close, you have to stay at home. unless you are essential shopping, you have care responsibilty and for exercise.

Are you allowed to travel by car to exercise?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 04-01-2021 16:59

If the email I've just had from work is correct we'll be in lockdown very soon

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rammyrascal - 04-01-2021 17:08

Yet more incompetence & mixed messaging from the government.

Saturday: Schools in London closed
Sunday: Schools Safe

And now today it looks like all schools in England closed.

Plus with this imminent lockdown. The government had been insisting this tier system works yet Matt Hancock was saying it basically isn’t working the other day.

Been expecting a lockdown in January since before Xmas myself, especially after other parts of the U.K. are in National lockdowns. Given parliament is being recalled to vote on it on Wednesday, I think it’s a national lockdown like in March from Thursday or Friday till the end of January with everything shut including schools apart from essential retail like supermarkets & things like Banks, Post Offices, opticians etc.

Bet Boris won’t call it a national lockdown, he’ll call it “tougher national measures” or “Tier 4”

Yet again he’s showing how clueless & incompetent a leader he is.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - circles_o_o_o - 04-01-2021 17:22

The alert level is now officially at 5.
When we went into lockdown in March, the level was 4.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 04-01-2021 17:45

Now facing the inevitable - I think we know what is coming at 8pm! So what did the 'macho act' of insisting that schools stay open etc achieve?? I wish - instead of attempting to be seen as being a strong leader by defying the odds for as long as he thinks he is able, the PM would just act in line with scientific/medical advice (he hasn't always done so) when it is given. A point I and others have made before - i know - but what number of infections and deaths can be directly attributed to johnsons ' attempts at retaining 'normality in the face of reality?? I dread to think!!

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - sandals1963 - 04-01-2021 18:15

(04-01-2021 17:45 )hornball Wrote:  Now facing the inevitable - I think we know what is coming at 8pm! So what did the 'macho act' of insisting that schools stay open etc achieve?? I wish - instead of attempting to be seen as being a strong leader by defying the odds for as long as he thinks he is able, the PM would just act in line with scientific/medical advice (he hasn't always done so) when it is given. A point I and others have made before - i know - but what number of infections and deaths can be directly attributed to johnsons ' attempts at retaining 'normality in the face of reality?? I dread to think!!

And you cannot possible put a figure on it, its the people of the UK who bring this on.....doing their own thing dont blame the Government for out own inadequacies....we had at least three sets of neighbours with three sets of family joining them on Boxing day,staying overnight, they dont give a toss so we will reap what we sow...