The UK Babe Channels Forum
Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government (/showthread.php?tid=86584)

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - southsidestu - 10-03-2023 15:30

[Image: E6lbd24s_o.jpeg]

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - HannahsPet - 10-03-2023 19:40

Well Lineker taken off Match of the the Day and Wrighty and now shearer saying they will not appear on tommorow

think BBC fucked up Royally on this one

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Tumble_Drier - 10-03-2023 19:47

Jug Lugs finally got a yellow card then Big Laugh

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Rammyrascal - 10-03-2023 19:49

(10-03-2023 19:40 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Well Lineker taken off Match of the the Day and Wrighty and now shearer saying they will not appear on tommorow

think BBC fucked up Royally on this one

Yep, BBC have really fucked up & then some. Their statement gave the impression that Gary stepping down from Match Of The Day was agreed after talks with Gary Lineker and his representatives, to which Gary Lineker basically said "No I haven't agreed to anything" & Gary has recieved massive support including from people he works with

Labour was spot on in their statement about this

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Snooks - 10-03-2023 20:14

The trouble is the BBC is kicked about like a political football and can't win whatever it does.
The fascist right are convinced the BBC is biased in favour of the loony left and vice versa.
I rather think the licence fee and debate over its value and fairness has clouded a lot of judgement over BBC impartiality.
It is unbelievably tiresome to my mind and has been for some considerable time.

As regards Lineker he is entitled to his opinion and should not be punished for expressing it.
The stop the boats policy is ill thought out, right wing populist bullshit in any event with all the wrong sort of overtones.

We need an end to this Tory mob in government but also an end to extremist views based on social media fed conspiracy theory.
It pollutes the political discourse and creates more greed and selfishness at a time when the need to show one another some compassion and care has never been greater.
Fuck stop the boats.
Fuck the extremist bollocks.
Fuck the conspiracy theories.
Oh and stop the Tories too please.
Bunch of condescending charlatans.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - southsidestu - 10-03-2023 21:04

As if we didn't know, the right wing freedom of speech crowd is completely full of shit.

The Tories have always tried to paint the BBC as a left wing organisation, probably because they hate the idea of public money being used for something, especially something that can criticise them.

The idea that the BBC is a left wing remainer organisation is not one that stands up to much scrutiny.

The Chairman was appointed after securing a loan for Boris Johsnon.

The Director General is a former Tory candidate for Councillor.

Board member Robbie Gibb is the former communications director for Theresa May, before that Brexiteer Gibb was head of BBC Westminster, in overall charge of the BBC's political programme output – Daily and Sunday Politics, The Andrew Marr Show, This Week and Radio 4's Westminster Hour. Prior to joining the political team at Westminster he was deputy editor of BBC Two's Newsnight.

Gibb tried to block Jess Brammar an editor at HuffPost from getting a senior job at BBC news as it could damage relations with the government. Emily Matlis said that Gibb was an "active agent of the Conservative party" and played a significant role in determining the nature of news output.

Gibb was also a leading figure in the setting up of GB News and was a former editorial adviser.

He only got offered the role as May's Director of Comms because BBC Deputy Political Editor, James Landale, turned it down.

Andrew Neil, Chairman of the pro brexit right wing Spectator group, hosted three different programmes for the BBC.

Jeremy Paxman described himself as a One Nation Tory

Former political editor and host of Radio 4's flagship news programme, Today, Nick Robinson was president of the Oxford University Conservative association.

Former editor of Today, Sarah Sands, is also the former editor/consultant editor of three Conservative newspapers: The Telegraph, The Mail & The London Evening Standard

Former political producer Paul Lambert left the BBC to become Nigel Farage's communications director at UKIP.

Michael Grade former Chairman and BBC1 controller is now a Tory Peer, he has been vocally critical of many aspects of the BBC including the licencse fee, Gary Lineker's wage & calling its coverage of partygate "gleefull". Lord Grade is now also the chair of media regulator Ofcom appointed by Boris Johnson and Nadine Dories.

Now to be clear I am in no way saying that people of Conservative ideology or who are pro Brexit should not have a place at our public broadcaster. A Labour government can and has made political appointees to The BBC which as a public broadcaster i believe should not be the case.

The problem is the revolving door between The Tory Party and The BBC hierarchy/Editorial staff. Plus the idea that all these Conservatives and Brexiteers in senior roles has produced a left winger remainer bias is nonsense.

But then again they made The Doctor a woman and had Alex Scott on like two shows

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Goodfella3041 - 10-03-2023 21:15

I am comforted by the fact that the BBC is equally despised by the right and the left.

It is oddly reassuring. It means the BBC is broadly doing its job.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Snooks - 10-03-2023 21:39

^ Precisely Goodfella.

Precisely Cool.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - SecretAgent - 10-03-2023 22:50

No presenters or pundits on MOTD tomorrow - they've all refused to work in support of Lineker.

If I were BT Sport I'd be asking him back to present their football coverage sharpish

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Tractor boy - 11-03-2023 02:02

(10-03-2023 22:50 )SecretAgent Wrote:  No presenters or pundits on MOTD tomorrow - they've all refused to work in support of Lineker.

If I were BT Sport I'd be asking him back to present their football coverage sharpish

No commentators now either. It will be like attending the match, this might catch on.