The UK Babe Channels Forum
UFC - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: MMA (/forumdisplay.php?fid=299)
+----- Thread: UFC (/showthread.php?tid=18541)

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 15-03-2013 21:58

UFC 158 Weigh In Video.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/15/4075576/ufc-158-weigh-in-results-live-online-video-stream-from-montreal-st-pierre-vs-diaz

WALK THE WALK GEORGES LAD! Big Grin

LEGEND.

RE: UFC - mitchell - 15-03-2013 22:29

I see groundnpound's got a Condit Sub prediction down, thats a bold move considering he's not won via submission for going on 5 years, Hendricks is a div 1 wrestler.

I can't wait for the GSP v Diaz fight. I think GSP will fight the same as he did when he won the title back off Matt Serra, he'll go at a ferocious pace & mix up standing & ground throughout. Diaz will either have to match the pace or slow it down to his perpper pot punching style. It'll be interesting to see what happens when GSP takes it to the ground.

Having watch the press conference I can't help but laugh at Diaz, he reminds me some what of some interviews I've seen of Muhammad Ali, where he just takes over. He should get his own talk show.

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 15-03-2013 22:50

(15-03-2013 22:29 )mitchell Wrote:  I can't wait for the GSP v Diaz fight.

You and me both lad. Although, I don't know why a Diaz fan would be looking forward to it... Wink

Think the Condit fight will end up on the deck mate... Hendricks is so close to a title shot that I don't think he'll risk being ko'd. Condit's brilliant off his back and although Hendricks has the wrestling I can see Condit getting hold of something and submitting him.

RE: UFC - Master Yoda - 16-03-2013 04:33

UFC Open-weight Predictions Grand Prix II

UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

Main Card
Welterweight title - Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz - St-Pierre DEC
Welterweight - Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks - Condit DEC
Welterweight - Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt - Ellenberger DEC
Middleweight - Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring - Camozzi TKO
Lightweight - Mike Ricci vs. Colin Fletcher - Ricci SUB

Preliminary card
Welterweight - Patrick Côté vs. Bobby Voelker - Cote DEC

RE: UFC - mitchell - 16-03-2013 15:00

UFC Open-weight Predictions Grand Prix II

Main Card
Welterweight title - Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz - St-Pierre Decision
Welterweight - Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks - Hendricks Decision
Welterweight - Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt - Marquardt Decision
Middleweight - Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring - Camozzi Decision
Lightweight - Mike Ricci vs. Colin Fletcher - Fletcher Decision
Preliminary card
Welterweight - Patrick Côté vs. Bobby Voelker - Côté Decision

RE: UFC - 199lives - 16-03-2013 16:19

Good to see fletcher getting on the main card, tough but winnable fight. come on the freakshow

Main Card
Welterweight title - Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz - St-Pierre Decision
Welterweight - Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks - Condit tko
Welterweight - Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt - Marquardt Decision
Middleweight - Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring - Ring Decision
Lightweight - Mike Ricci vs. Colin Fletcher - Fletcher Decision
Preliminary card
Welterweight - Patrick Côté vs. Bobby Voelker - Côté Decision

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 17-03-2013 01:06

Come on Georges lad!

RE: UFC - Master Yoda - 17-03-2013 02:14

I'm pumped for this PPV!!! I genuinely hope GSP puts the beating of a lifetime on that runt Diaz!! Come on Georges!!!

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 17-03-2013 15:44

GSP is pure class. An absolute UFC Legend. 10 Title Defences on the bounce now.

Another dominant defence, taking every round again. Takedowns, then firing down elbows and punches, wearing Diaz down was always gonna be the plan for the early rounds. On the feet he kept Diaz's boxing at bay with the trademark GSP jab. Loved it when Diaz tried to trash talk and Georges just pinged him with a superman punch for his cheek! Smile There was a point in the 4th round for about a minute I thought Diaz looked dangerous when he rattled off a decent combination, 3 or 4 punches in a row getting through. The fight was on the feet most of that round, the exchanges were just about even for me. Georges ended the fight like he started it, on top firing down punches and elbows, 50-45 on every card.

The last thing he said to Diaz before he left the cage was "Keep your head up Nick, you'll be back". After everything Diaz had said over the past couple of years I thought that was pretty special.

Diaz surprised me with his post fight behaviour, credit to the lad for that.

[Image: LCT5EOS89F_image.jpg] [Image: L9JH3MUMK1_image.jpg] [Image: VAQGLGKGH0_image.jpg] [Image: AOGAJUXOPI_image.jpg] [Image: X7AM8OEN7C_image.jpg] [Image: 4ZUK1Y09HM_image.jpg] [Image: AXMYVB9F2O_image.jpg] [Image: MK9ZSBSHOK_image.jpg] [Image: J6KUJHUOVT_image.jpg] [Image: 1E2ELPHZRK_image.jpg] [Image: 73GBBTP3TX_image.jpg] [Image: 34FHGVCU2R_image.jpg] [Image: 2Q151ZOZJ3_image.jpg] [Image: ZK08745ORS_image.jpg] [Image: 5XV2NSX8BG_image.jpg] [Image: HCZNHYXGSV_image.jpg] [Image: AHSS6S9UL3_image.jpg] [Image: 8BEAU0DY9O_image.jpg] [Image: PYAN6SA76S_image.jpg] [Image: 7N4HJSZQZS_image.jpg]

RE: UFC - mitchell - 17-03-2013 19:22

Condit v Hendricks was fucking epic. here it is for those that missed it.
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/fights/Carlos_Condit_vs_Johny_Hendricks_UFC_158_Part_1/10050953

GSP v Hendricks will be very interesting given Hendricks knowing Condit has the power to finish the fight still flew forward. GSP will have his work cut out with the takedown skill of Hendricks too. One point I did notice was even against a puncher Hendricks was happy to leave his defence wide open.
It'll be interesting to see if GSP can control Hendricks the way he did Condit. I can't help but feel this may just be the greatest test of the champs career, even if we get a Matt Serra situation the rematch may not go the same way as it did back then. Great fight & I can't wait for it.

I thought it was a very poor showing from Nick Diaz, he showed no desire to attack at all, he pretty much said after the first two rounds he knew he wasn't gonna win. Even when on the feet he had many a time when he could've gone forward but didn't look interested, you should never go into a fight with your mind already made up about your career especially a title fight.

GSP's athleticism was always gonna win him this fight. I just hope he get's back to the start with his stand up, rather then using wrestling as his primary weapon.

Here's the post event press conference, it doesn't look good for Diaz.

I can see why he fought the way he did after hearing him in the press conference, he seems like a tortured soul.

On a serious note I think the UFC need to start advising fighters with regards to money rather than just leaving them to it, Diaz reminds me some what of Gazza, someone who's got a great talent but lacks the academic knowledge for the taxes & so on. It sound like his managment team are only botherd about getting payed. I hope it was just another Diaz moment for the cameras or he'll be in serious shit, that probably goes for Nate as well.

The UFC need to set up something like the PFA (Professional Footballers Association) to help out fighters like Nick Diaz, Chris Leben, Evan Tanner etc etc.