The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tractor boy - 31-01-2021 18:54

Capt Sir Tom Moore has been admitted to hospital with covid 19.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 31-01-2021 18:58

Terrible news about Sir Tom Moore. Hopiitalised with pneumonia thanks to this damn virus! Thankfully not on a ventilator or in ICU. Hope it stays that way. I see the govt have finally got around to producing an advertisiing campaign in an effort to further persuade people to follow the rules, which is centred around how not doing so, is letting those down who are stretching themselves beyond breaking point to treat/save those who have fallen victim to coronavirus. Too little too late, and nothing but PR to take the heat of themselves. Shame it doesn't highlight their own failures as an administration which have added considerably to the burden faced by our heroes in the NHS - misguided actions/decisions etc. Also the behaviour of some within the govt (Cummins etc) who flouted the rules while continuing to lecture everyone else.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 31-01-2021 19:07

I have to ask how long the govt are going to follow this dead end persuasion policy towards people?? Time - long past time - the heavy mob card was played!!

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - southsidestu - 31-01-2021 19:12

^ and yet they will probably not face much in the way of consequences at least politically as it looks like the vaccine is giving them a bounce in the polls & most Tory voters (which Labour need to win over) seem to think the Government is doing the best it can in the circumstances, which of course is utter bullshit but there you go.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 31-01-2021 19:53

(31-01-2021 19:12 )southsidestu Wrote:  ^ and yet they will probably not face much in the way of consequences at least politically as it looks like the vaccine is giving them a bounce in the polls & most Tory voters (which Labour need to win over) seem to think the Government is doing the best it can in the circumstances, which of course is utter bullshit but there you go.

What role exactly did Bojo and the govt play in vaccine production??

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - southsidestu - 31-01-2021 20:08

Not the production, the implementation

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 31-01-2021 20:22

remind me - just when did the research into a vaccine actually start? I am sure it was around May to June time last year when one was first mooted by the government wasn't it?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Goodfella3041 - 31-01-2021 21:04

(31-01-2021 18:58 )hornball Wrote:  ...Too little too late, and nothing but PR to take the heat of themselves...

Among the mistakes they made were the LATE introduction of mask requirements, followed by a PR campaign that focussed on masks as a way to prevent you getting the virus.

And all because the modern Tory/Trumpy maxim that people are too dumb to understand anything but the simplest message. (“Take back control”, “Get Brexit done”, “Make America Great”, “Drain the swamp”, etc.)

In truth, masks are only marginally effective in preventing the wearer from getting the virus; but they are highly effective in preventing carriers from spreading the virus.

By not giving us enough credit, the Government created the impression that wearing a mask was a matter of personal choice and our individual tolerance for risk (“I don’t care about the risk, I’m not wearing a mask...”).

From the start, they should have hammered home the point that we should all behave, all the time, as if we have the virus and don’t know it. Wear your mask to protect others from you — not to protect you from others. Had they done it that way around, then there would have been a much stronger social stigma against people selfish enough to flout the rules and compliance wouldn’t be such a problem.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 31-01-2021 22:43

(31-01-2021 20:22 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  remind me - just when did the research into a vaccine actually start? I am sure it was around May to June time last year when one was first mooted by the government wasn't it?

It started as soon as Chinese Scientists released the virus gene sequence in January last year.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rammyrascal - 01-02-2021 01:06

So Matt Hancock says because of the successful vaccine rollout we’ll have a great & free summer.....so kiss the summer goodbye Smile