The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 06-02-2021 17:04

If this report is correct then it could be a major breakthrough

A new coronavirus drug has successfully cured 30 cases in Israeli hospital patients. The EXO-CD24 substance has successfully completed its first phase of clinical trials yesterday.

A protein known as CD24 helps to rebalance the immune system and prevent it from overreacting to the virus.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 07-02-2021 05:07

i think it was 18 sdenior Tory MPs have piled pressure on Boris to reopen schools by February 22, I think it shows now that the kids have been out of school for far too long and many have not seen their friends for months and to be honest, being in isolation is not good for them.
The real problems is that this will increase speculation that the lockdown will be endeda lot sooner than intended, which is what we all want but ultimately we should all acknowledge that that we all now have to accept we cannot run the risk of going back to square one again, so we have to shoulder a responsibility to each other of ensuring that if we do come out of this lockdown earlier than planned and whether we are vaccinated or not, we cannot act like we are back to the normal lifestyle we knew before pre - pandemic, that has gone forever. The virus in it's many forms is going to be around for a while yet and now we must find the way we can adapt and live with it and maintain SOMETHING of a normal lifestyle, but it will take us all a little while to work out what works for us best, individually.
But I think if we were to plunge back in to another lockdown at any point in 2021, I fear the economic effect will hit harder than austerity, and some economic sectors will not survivve another lockdown. They had a public licencsees rep on 5 Live yesterday morning and he thinks the cost has probably left us with around 5000 pubs still operating across the country and many despite have done all the work that was needed first time round just couldn't work with the quidelines since then and said the substatial meal thing was key to many not being able to reopen when this ends.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 09-02-2021 17:17

I can see why there is a need for using hotels as quarantine centres for people who have travelled from abroad to stay in, as they should perhaps have known NOT to travel to the UK in the current climate, I am less sure of the fee that has been set, and which they themselves must pay for there stay - although I can understand it|!

I find it uncomfortable to accept that those that flout the rules should face up to 10 years in prison - and for two principle reasons: Firstly, what will be the basis upon which a given tariff will be decided within the 10 year range?? I can see many challenges to those more harsh sentences when handed down on the basis of fairness. Secondly, the way the new sanctions came across, It seemed like they were primarily - if not solely - for those arriving from other parts of the world?? For a long time now - and by many on this forum - it has been pointed out that the rules for uk citizens at home (principally in England) were too soft and allowed for a spreading of the virus in circumstances where people should have faced custodial sentences for disregarding those rules. Having not clamped down when they should have, How is it going to look now if and when the prison van arrives to take those to prison for similar breaches, just because they arrived from outside the UK?? What am I missing??

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rammyrascal - 10-02-2021 16:12

Some Covid news involving me as I’m having my first COVID-19 injection tomorrow lunchtime. Don’t know which one I’m being injected with

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 10-02-2021 16:28

(10-02-2021 16:12 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  Some Covid news involving me as I’m having my first COVID-19 injection tomorrow lunchtime. Don’t know which one I’m being injected with

thats good news mate, let us know which 1 u get and how it goes will be interesting

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 10-02-2021 16:30

Be careful Rammy, Bill Gates may turn you into a robot Wink

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 10-02-2021 16:32

(09-02-2021 17:17 )hornball Wrote:  I can see why there is a need for using hotels as quarantine centres for people who have travelled from abroad to stay in, as they should perhaps have known NOT to travel to the UK in the current climate, I am less sure of the fee that has been set, and which they themselves must pay for there stay - although I can understand it|!

I find it uncomfortable to accept that those that flout the rules should face up to 10 years in prison - and for two principle reasons: Firstly, what will be the basis upon which a given tariff will be decided within the 10 year range?? I can see many challenges to those more harsh sentences when handed down on the basis of fairness. Secondly, the way the new sanctions came across, It seemed like they were primarily - if not solely - for those arriving from other parts of the world?? For a long time now - and by many on this forum - it has been pointed out that the rules for uk citizens at home (principally in England) were too soft and allowed for a spreading of the virus in circumstances where people should have faced custodial sentences for disregarding those rules. Having not clamped down when they should have, How is it going to look now if and when the prison van arrives to take those to prison for similar breaches, just because they arrived from outside the UK?? What am I missing??

i would say the reason it so expensive is to try to put people off travelling at all,
and i dont expect any one to go to prison the crown court system is over 2 years behind on cases at the moment i am sure it will be more likely a fine, its just a headline to make people think twice,
seams the government will use the existing Forgery Act to enforce this rule with the 10 years prison, the relevant form is the passenger locator form. The maximum sentence under the Forgery and Counterfeiting act 1981 for submitting false information is 10 years in jail, but in reality no judge would do that for something like this

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 10-02-2021 16:37

i seen a quote from the ONS latest survey saying that only just over 50% of people in England are following all the lockdown rules at the moment, i am not surprised and the longer it drags on the less people will follow the rules, they need a end date soon, hopefully a restart of the tier system from March as i now think more people will follow that,

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 10-02-2021 21:41

(10-02-2021 16:37 )winsaw Wrote:  i seen a quote from the ONS latest survey saying that only just over 50% of people in England are following all the lockdown rules at the moment, i am not surprised and the longer it drags on the less people will follow the rules, they need a end date soon, hopefully a restart of the tier system from March as i now think more people will follow that,

How do you arrive at an end date winsaw?? The virus and its trajectory is dictating, and will continue to dictate. The same point is put by that group of MP's, as if the virus and its behaviour is not relevant, and wont/shouldn't have an impact on such decision making

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Boomerangutangangbang - 10-02-2021 22:25

^^ Exactly that, the virus doesn't recognize dates. We're in this for the long game, living with restrictions, not necessarily lockdowns, but mask wearing in some settings, social distancing, travel restrictions. It was suggested that at the present rate of vaccination it would take up to 7 years to achieve global hard immunity.
Say what you like of the fuck-ups, & there've been many, but most of the questions by the press & less so by the public, at the Downing Street briefings, are unanswerable.