The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 10-02-2021 22:43

I can't understand what all the companies who make the vaccine did between July to December. The vaccines had been developed and were just going through their trials and testing.
They should have been tooling up big style. But they didn't.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 11-02-2021 00:05

https://youtu.be/hc9apjRpbgg

Dr John Campbell with another plain English update. His comments on the farcical W.H.O visit to China are right on the money.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 11-02-2021 00:17

(10-02-2021 22:43 )Charlemagne Wrote:  I can't understand what all the companies who make the vaccine did between July to December. The vaccines had been developed and were just going through their trials and testing.

That’s not true. Astra Zeneca were creating production facilities here and around the world with partners. None of that would usually happen until after approval as the investment costs are substantial. It’s the same with Pfizer Biontech. Remember both delivered vaccines to us immediately safety approval was given.

AZ were on BBC’s Newscast Pod months ago outlining how they were doing this & they pointed out that a high percentage of treatments that get to Phase 3 trials fail at that point so even though early results were positive nothing was certain until Phase 3 results were known & approval given. The support we gave also played a big part in how quickly they were able to get production underway.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rammyrascal - 11-02-2021 01:28

(10-02-2021 16:28 )winsaw Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 16:12 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  Some Covid news involving me as I’m having my first COVID-19 injection tomorrow lunchtime. Don’t know which one I’m being injected with

thats good news mate, let us know which 1 u get and how it goes will be interesting

I will. Very surprised at first when my dad (who is my carer) said I was having my vaccine this week as I thought due to my age, I wouldn’t be vaccinated till nearer my birthday in June. But after looking at the vaccine groups, the NHS must have deemed me to be in the 16 to 64 group who are deemed to be at higher risk & vulnerable due to my autism & other health issues including asthma & dyspraxia

Quote: - Those aged 80 and over and frontline health and social care workers.

- Those aged 75 and over.

- Those aged 70 years and over and people deemed to be clinically extremely vulnerable.

- Those aged 65 and over.

The rest of Phase 1 then goes in the order of:

- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality.

- All those 60 years of age and over.

- All those 55 years of age and over.

- All those 50 years of age and over.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 11-02-2021 05:22

not been contacted yet, but hope all goes well Rammy

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 11-02-2021 15:57

(10-02-2021 21:41 )hornball Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 16:37 )winsaw Wrote:  i seen a quote from the ONS latest survey saying that only just over 50% of people in England are following all the lockdown rules at the moment, i am not surprised and the longer it drags on the less people will follow the rules, they need a end date soon, hopefully a restart of the tier system from March as i now think more people will follow that,

How do you arrive at an end date winsaw?? The virus and its trajectory is dictating, and will continue to dictate. The same point is put by that group of MP's, as if the virus and its behaviour is not relevant, and wont/shouldn't have an impact on such decision making

point i was making is if 50% of us are not following the lockdown rules proper then it will start to become less effective the 50% could be got to follow new rules that would there for push the rate down,
you also bring up a good point about the mps i am sure bojo will not be able to keep lockdown going at the rate things are falling they will force him to say its ending in march when he has to say whats happening next on 22/2

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 11-02-2021 16:00

(10-02-2021 22:43 )Charlemagne Wrote:  I can't understand what all the companies who make the vaccine did between July to December. The vaccines had been developed and were just going through their trials and testing.

the UK did we spent a huge sum on building the places to make the stuff by contrast the EU all 27 of them spent less than half what we did and now they wonder why they got no jabs

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 12-02-2021 09:28

Johnson is to outline 'roadmap' out of lockdown on February 22, you can be pretty sure that even before he gets there, there will be more than a few virus curveballs in the way that will stop him dead in his tracks - and I do think any roadmap laid out by him will be a slow and painful one for sure.
Have always had the feeling that any roadmap laid out will be blown out of the water before he can even start it.
If he can't get us out of lockdown who the bloody hell will????

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 12-02-2021 16:42

The R rate is now below 1 (0.7-0.9) for the first time since July.

Also France say that anyone who has already had co-vid should only get one dose of a vaccine.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 12-02-2021 16:43

Will he acheive the goals set out for vaccinations?