The UK Babe Channels Forum
Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government (/showthread.php?tid=86584)

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Tractor boy - 11-03-2023 02:11

^Don't forget Jeremy Clarkson who was a columnist for 2 Tory papers while presenting top gear. AndYories like Chris Patton and Dame Butler Sloss getting top jobs at the Beeb.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - HannahsPet - 11-03-2023 05:08

Even Forgot Fiona Bruce Wife of a huge tory donor and it shows on Question time

She said something even more Offensive and on the programme and nothing

it was about Boris's Father breaking his late mothers nose in a domestic as a One off event

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - lovebabes56 - 11-03-2023 08:16

It'll snowballed when radio 5 live goes off air with football coverage
I do agree the BBC has probabablty fucked up but I think many will think that BBC has got it wrong and will still call for Jugs Ears' head on a plate regardless.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - HannahsPet - 11-03-2023 11:35

football focus and Final score gone as well as no one will present them

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - skully - 11-03-2023 12:28

The BBC deserves to suffer for this one, I hope the backlash continues until they're forced to make some real changes at the top.
If they try to add provisions into contracts that impact free speech on social media, then they are doomed. There are big differences in a presenter being offensive or racist, and sharing their opinion of a government that are destroying the country and what it should stand for.
The Tory government are a disgrace, behaving more and more like Republicans with each day, corrupt to the core.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Snooks - 11-03-2023 13:46

The BBC has been consistently bullied by numerous governments over the years.
What is needed is no government interference in the affairs and running of the BBC.
It needs to be completely independently regulated and not at any degree of mercy of politicians who have shown they simply cannot be trusted to not make life difficult for the BBC at every opportunity.

It is no surprise to me whatsoever that those on the political right have claimed the BBC had no choice but to do what they have done while those on the left are accusing the BBC of cowardice and weak leadership.
Pretty much sums up what I said before.
Everyone kicking the BBC about like a political football (pardon the pun).
It is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

The primary blame in this specific situation is with the government for a ludicrous right wing populist piece of shit of a policy in the form of Stop the boats and for spending so much of its time bullying the corporation into submission as pretty much all governments do.
The BBC should never be a government play thing to use and abuse for its own ends (cough cough splutter splutter) Richard Sharp anyone? bladewave.

The BBC has not exactly covered itself in glory on this by any means but I would be intrigued to know what conversations have been had between BBC executives and the government about the Lineker issue since the story broke.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - The Silent Majority - 11-03-2023 13:51

(11-03-2023 05:08 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Even Forgot Fiona Bruce Wife of a huge tory donor and it shows on Question time

it was about Boris's Father breaking his late mothers nose in a domestic as a One off event

Part of the presenters job is to provide context on behalf of those who aren't there to defend themselves.

I'm sure if she'd had more than a split second to think about it, she'd have worded it differently. But she was only doing her job.

It was just very unfortunate for her, the way it looked.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Rammyrascal - 11-03-2023 15:26

(11-03-2023 13:51 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(11-03-2023 05:08 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Even Forgot Fiona Bruce Wife of a huge tory donor and it shows on Question time

Part of the presenters job is to provide context on behalf of those who aren't there to defend themselves.

I'm sure if she'd had more than a split second to think about it, she'd have worded it differently. But she was only doing her job.

It was just very unfortunate for her, the way it looked.

Especially as Fiona is an ambassador for a women's domestic abuse charity which supports female victims of Domestic Abuse

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - HannahsPet - 11-03-2023 16:37

Least Liverpool fans wont have to watch them losing to Bournmouth Tongue Tongue

Lucky the 6 Nations games are on ITV this weekend i think could have been a bit awkward

oh no scotland vs Ireland is on BBC 2moro or is it

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Tractor boy - 11-03-2023 18:16

Tonight on match of the day.

Boris Johnson hosts coverage of today's Eton wall game as Kensington & Chelesa take on Windsor & Slough.
Expert punditry is supplied by Jacob Reece Mogg & Matt Hancock.