The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 22-02-2021 23:24

The data out of Scotland showing a reduction in Hospitalisations of 84% for Pfizer and 94% for Oxford/AZ (in your fucking face Monsieur Macron) is staggering.

Meanwhile in Germany thousands of doses of the Oxford Vaccine have gone unused. Yes, the same Oxford Vaccine the EU wanted to shaft the Irish over a few weeks ago.....

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 22-02-2021 23:27

(22-02-2021 14:24 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(20-02-2021 14:29 )Tumble_Drier Wrote:  I support people's right to refuse the vaccine. The world is overpopulated anyway Wink

I think the whole anti-vax thing is a Government conspiracy to weed out the terminally stupid in society.

Seems to be a roaring success so far Big Laugh

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - gazcraw77 - 23-02-2021 00:52

Had my first jag last Wed, thought about phoning the vet to get myself put down by Wednesday tea time through too Thursday morning - oofftt it was a tad brutal :/

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 23-02-2021 04:48

(22-02-2021 22:35 )winsaw Wrote:  Must say I like the idea of everything being back to normal from the 21 June, been so long I can almost not remember what that's like, football stadium's back open in time for the euros as well which is another thing to look forward to,

Did we offer to stage the whole thing if Europe couldn't do so?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 23-02-2021 04:53

(22-02-2021 23:27 )Tumble_Drier Wrote:  
(22-02-2021 14:24 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(20-02-2021 14:29 )Tumble_Drier Wrote:  I support people's right to refuse the vaccine. The world is overpopulated anyway Wink

I think the whole anti-vax thing is a Government conspiracy to weed out the terminally stupid in society.

Seems to be a roaring success so far Big Laugh

It has to be an individual's right and choice whether they have it or not it is a fundamental right and I have more faith in the flu jab than anything else.
There was a lot on Twitter about clinical trials for Pfizer's vaccine not being completed until Dec. 2023 but I think that is expected given the situation.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 23-02-2021 06:47

^ You’ve said a few times you have more faith in the flu jab. You do realise that only protects you from some of that years flu strains don’t you? It certainly won’t protect you from anything else like Covid. If you get your info from some random source on Twitter then you are misinformed. There are plenty of reliable sources out there so perhaps you should read them.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 23-02-2021 09:55

^Did I ever say I have ever followed the advice on Twitter? No. All I was merely pointing out was that people were mentioning that there was information on the PFizer website was stating clinical trials were not due to finish until Dec 2023. (If that is true and on the site), then does it mean that trials are still ongoing?
Yes I do know that the flu jab only protects from flu but I do follow hygiene protocols for COVID both at work and at home. And surely you must accept there will possibly come a time when some (not all) COVID variants in the future, will mutate that may make it become to resistant to vaccines and basic medicine.
Every unknown disease will have that ability to resist medical advancements in it's makeup, and to eradicate dieases takes a long time.
The war on COVID is far from won, we are living with this disease for a good while yet so who knows when we can finally claim victory? it could be
several years.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 23-02-2021 12:38

^Just to go through a few things:
You are never safe from the virus. I've just lost a friend who was shielding.
The better the take up the quicker we can all get our lives together.

But there may be other problems if you are an anti-vaxer.
You may have a problem at work.
You may not be able to get access to public spaces (bars, theatres, football grounds)
You may not be able to fly.
You may not be able to entre other countries.

You may even be invalidating some insurances.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 23-02-2021 13:39

I'm ok with him refusing the jab. It means the rest of us move up the queue Cool

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 23-02-2021 14:02

I'm never an anti vaxxer never was. All I'm doing is exercising my right as an individual as to what I feel comfortable with rhat is all