The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 23-02-2021 14:07

I was - I have to admit - extremely uncomfortable hearing Johnson say in stark terms, that the phased plan out of lockdown, will - by its very nature - lead inevitably to more death!! Of course that is true by definition, but it shook me to hear it from someone whose plan was going to be responsible for it!

It is hard to fathom that we would now be at a point where there was an acceptance of an 'acceptable' level of loss as a price worth paying! Man a heavy burden for sure!!

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 23-02-2021 14:14

(23-02-2021 09:55 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  And surely you must accept there will possibly come a time when some (not all) COVID variants in the future, will mutate that may make it become to resistant to vaccines and basic medicine.
Every unknown disease will have that ability to resist medical advancements in it's makeup, and to eradicate dieases takes a long time.
The war on COVID is far from won, we are living with this disease for a good while yet so who knows when we can finally claim victory? it could be
several years.

sorry mate but you are talking rubbish, now they have the virus genetically mapped its easy to make any changes they need to it due to a mutation just like they do with the flu jab each year that you are happy to talk up lol,
there is very unlikely that it will ever be beaten as most experts expect it to become endemic like flu always here, but killing far less as most people will be protected from it with only that 10% who don't get the jab being the ones ending up in the grave from it,

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 23-02-2021 14:24

(23-02-2021 14:07 )hornball Wrote:  I was - I have to admit - extremely uncomfortable hearing Johnson say in stark terms, that the phased plan out of lockdown, will - by its very nature - lead inevitably to more death!! Of course that is true by definition, but it shook me to hear it from someone whose plan was going to be responsible for it!

It is hard to fathom that we would now be at a point where there was an acceptance of an 'acceptable' level of loss as a price worth paying! Man a heavy burden for sure!!

not really it just means hes finally listening to the scientists who have been saying for months that there is a point where trying to stop people from death by covid actually starts to see more people with death from other things that are made by the anti covid action,
it was pointed out the Flu kills on average 9000 people every winter some years as many as 20000 if its a bad mutation so they are thinking that if we can get covid into the 10000 to 15000 a winter passing then it will let the county be like normal,

on your point of a jump as we come out of lockdown all the scientists say that by doing it like we are in early summer it will see less passing than if we stayed in lockdown longer as then we would see a much bigger number passing in the autumn ,

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 23-02-2021 15:49

So got the letter to say you are now at risk of Covid 19 Tongue Tongue

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 23-02-2021 19:40

(23-02-2021 14:14 )winsaw Wrote:  
(23-02-2021 09:55 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  And surely you must accept there will possibly come a time when some (not all) COVID variants in the future, will mutate that may make it become to resistant to vaccines and basic medicine.
Every unknown disease will have that ability to resist medical advancements in it's makeup, and to eradicate dieases takes a long time.
The war on COVID is far from won, we are living with this disease for a good while yet so who knows when we can finally claim victory? it could be
several years.

sorry mate but you are talking rubbish, now they have the virus genetically mapped its easy to make any changes they need to it due to a mutation just like they do with the flu jab each year that you are happy to talk up lol,
there is very unlikely that it will ever be beaten as most experts expect it to become endemic like flu always here, but killing far less as most people will be protected from it with only that 10% who don't get the jab being the ones ending up in the grave from it,

We'll see who is right then. Didn't some experts say that there was a likely possibilty the people might not be protected against the SA variant with the vaccines?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 23-02-2021 20:07

no they just say they didnt have the data

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - ShandyHand - 24-02-2021 11:18

^ https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/08/oxford-covid-vaccine-10-effective-south-african-variant-study

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 24-02-2021 12:30

(24-02-2021 11:18 )ShandyHand Wrote:  ^ https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/08/oxford-covid-vaccine-10-effective-south-african-variant-study

Given the choice of taking the AZ vaccine and knowing that all I might get if I caught the SA variant is a mild case of it I’d take it every time. That research though has been questioned as it was a very small sample. AZ & Oxford University are already looking (as are other vaccine producers) at what changes they need to make going forward. Johnson has already said that an autumn booster jab will probably be required.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 24-02-2021 13:21

(24-02-2021 12:30 )SecretAgent Wrote:  
(24-02-2021 11:18 )ShandyHand Wrote:  ^ https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/08/oxford-covid-vaccine-10-effective-south-african-variant-study

Given the choice of taking the AZ vaccine and knowing that all I might get if I caught the SA variant is a mild case of it I’d take it every time. That research though has been questioned as it was a very small sample. AZ & Oxford University are already looking (as are other vaccine producers) at what changes they need to make going forward. Johnson has already said that an autumn booster jab will probably be required.

the Sample was so small thats why they wanted more info before they carried on with it

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 24-02-2021 15:51

Oxford have announced that clinical trials of updated vaccines to deal with the new variants should start in the summer