The UK Babe Channels Forum
England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Cricket (/forumdisplay.php?fid=215)
+----- Thread: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 (/showthread.php?tid=56609)

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - lancealot790 - 07-12-2013 18:47

The problems started during the last Ashes series back in England, dropping Compton and promoting Root to open was a big mistake, he should have been left to bat in the middle order till he was fully established and had plenty of experience, instead he was exposed to Australia,s new ball attack and suffered a series of low scores which shattered his confidence. Cook, Trott, Pieterson, Prior and Swann should have been released back to their counties so they could try and get some form back, instead they were rested and so they had no chance to get any sort of long innings under their belts before the tour commenced.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - mikedafc - 07-12-2013 21:55

Catches win matches, in this test England have dropped too many while Australia have taken their catches

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - sweetsugar007 - 07-12-2013 22:13

Come the summer the clear out has to start. We have firstly to say to Pietersen thanks but we have to build for the 2016 Ashes in England. Swann has to go as well. With Prior I would tell him after this test match he needs to step up and make some runs as he is experienced enough to understand whats at stake.

With the remainder of the batting with Compton apart we have the best available I think. I would also be taking a little look at the leadership of Cook. I am concerned the pressures of the job are getting to him. Whats worrying is there is no obvious heir apparent.

Time to take a gamble get Finn and tell him go hard (its about the fourth time I have mentioned this) Stokes is not the answer he is just another Anderson minus.

That said there is enough talent with some effective leadership to retain the Ashes even if we go 2-0 down we are good enough to win two out of three tests but some risks need to be taken. The Aussies have done it and they are reaping the rewards.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Jack Bishop - 07-12-2013 23:16

(07-12-2013 22:13 )sweetsugar007 Wrote:  Come the summer the clear out has to start. We have firstly to say to Pietersen thanks but we have to build for the 2016 Ashes in England. Swann has to go as well. With Prior I would tell him after this test match he needs to step up and make some runs as he is experienced enough to understand whats at stake.

With the remainder of the batting with Compton apart we have the best available I think. I would also be taking a little look at the leadership of Cook. I am concerned the pressures of the job are getting to him. Whats worrying is there is no obvious heir apparent.

Time to take a gamble get Finn and tell him go hard (its about the fourth time I have mentioned this) Stokes is not the answer he is just another Anderson minus.

That said there is enough talent with some effective leadership to retain the Ashes even if we go 2-0 down we are good enough to win two out of three tests but some risks need to be taken. The Aussies have done it and they are reaping the rewards.

I agree they will need to make changes.
I suppose KP will be 36 by 2016 so may be time for a younger man
The trouble with getting rid of Swan is we don't seem to have much to replace him with at the moment and Monty never as effective on home soil.
Cook has certainly been out of touch with the bat lately and may be to be relived of the captaincy but again as you say no obvious replacements.
Yes Prior does seem on borrowed time.
I would not be against giving Compton another try.
Not so sure on Finn but as we are likely to be 2-0 and it will be a fast track worth a go.
Bit harsh may be on Stokes who is in as an all rounder. Although accept he is 3rd seemer (due to playing 2 spinners)

Just my opinion.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - William H Bonney - 08-12-2013 01:07

Australia have declared on their overnight score of 132/3.

Cook is out already and England are 1/1.

And now Carberry is out and England are 20/2.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Rammyrascal - 08-12-2013 01:58

England now 21/2 carberry gone. think it will be all over by the time I get up tomorrow morning

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Snooks - 08-12-2013 02:22

Hopeless.
Absolutely feeble, pathetic and useless.
5-0 looking a real possibility now.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - William H Bonney - 08-12-2013 04:28

(08-12-2013 01:58 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  think it will be all over by the time I get up tomorrow morning

No England are going to show some serious fight and someone will get a big score. The England fightback starts now, because we just can't be skittled for a 4th time in a row. And the pitch is still a good one for batting.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - lovebabes56 - 08-12-2013 08:11

210 -5 at least KP and Root put on the a century stand but even so it would have been nice to see a good opening partnership. I would another reason for our poor performances is that possibly the media built the team up to an extent where they expected a lot and I wonder if that expectation was weighing too heavily on them. Or we have underestimated Australia on home soil. I would expect us to be tumbling further down the test rankings after this series.

RE: England's Tour of Australia - Ashes, ODIs and T20s 13/14 - Charlemagne - 08-12-2013 09:08

England need to learn how to hook.

There have been far too many players caught on the boundary