The UK Babe Channels Forum
Memories of Childhood...Images only please - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Fun Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=106)
+---- Thread: Memories of Childhood...Images only please (/showthread.php?tid=76070)

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - GMach1 - 12-02-2019 18:48

Opening sequence of Gemini Man(although here it is a french title!) This was why I wanted a digital watch when I was younger-the idea was a great concept and unlike the world's first by Sinclair(which was black with red display when you pressed buttons) this was easier to see and above all else it looked cool. Smile

Here is Switch also mentioned elsewhere with Robert Wagner, Eddie Albert and Sharon Gless who would go on to star with Tyne Daly as Cagney in Cagney & Lacey later.

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - Carl-Gen X - 12-02-2019 19:01

Was a fan of the Kenny Everett Video Cassette in the late 70s...had a Captain Kremmen digital watch as well (dont ask!)

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - GMach1 - 12-02-2019 20:03

(Kenny Everett was a genius, his radio shows brilliant, his television shows very good and featured some lovely ladies) Wink

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - Skyline - 12-02-2019 20:10

^ Yeah, Kenny Everett was brilliant, his sketch of Rod Stewart, singing 'Do you think I'm sexy', where his ass is getting bigger and bigger as the track moves along is so funny. laugh

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - Carl-Gen X - 12-02-2019 20:37

From 1976...

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - GMach1 - 12-02-2019 21:15

Very much missed Ron Pickering, his wife Jean Desforges was a very good long jumper. I used to watch that religiously as a kid.

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - Carl-Gen X - 12-02-2019 21:45

(12-02-2019 21:15 )GreenMachine Wrote:  Very much missed Ron Pickering, his wife Jean Desforges was a very good long jumper. I used to watch that religiously as a kid.

Ron Pickering was a great commentator.

Im pretty sure however it was he who made the legendary gaffe about the Big Cuban 'opening his legs and showing his class' which most people seem to think came from David Coleman.

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - GMach1 - 12-02-2019 21:50

I think it was David and he was referring to Alberto Juantarena(White Lightning) hence the creation of Colemanballs. My favourite was that he was getting ready to stop his startwatch Big Grin

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - andyjb - 12-02-2019 21:51

RE: Memories of Childhood...Images only please - GMach1 - 12-02-2019 21:52

(He became the Welsh Athletics coach later)
Athletics theme