The UK Babe Channels Forum
Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government (/showthread.php?tid=86584)

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Stemmw - 11-03-2023 19:09

We can now go over to Jonathan Pie for his take on the Gary Lineker saga Tongue Big Laugh

https://youtu.be/jXqVGtxFppQ

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - southsidestu - 11-03-2023 20:59

image host

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Snooks - 11-03-2023 23:01

^ Excuse me while I get my sick bucket Rolleyes

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - HannahsPet - 12-03-2023 10:35

wow just watched it now and have to say who ever says it was an improvement is a bell end

if i was the Premier League i would be threatening taking the rights away from them if its not sorted

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Tractor boy - 12-03-2023 18:44

Today's WSL match had commentary from the world service.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - lovebabes56 - 13-03-2023 12:18

I hear Lineker hss been reinstated at BBC

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Charlemagne - 13-03-2023 13:04

I don't that that Linekar apologised but the BBC did a about turn.

I think that a part refund is due of the license fee.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - SecretAgent - 13-03-2023 13:08

^ In that case I suggest you watch the GB News alternative Match of The Day to restore your hatred of right wing nutjobs laugh

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Cooper_temple - 13-03-2023 15:06

Since news about the new stop the boats bill and the whole Lineker saga, the polling shows the Con party have gone down in voting intention!

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Snooks - 13-03-2023 20:59

(11-03-2023 13:46 )Snooks Wrote:  The BBC has been consistently bullied by numerous governments over the years.
What is needed is no government interference in the affairs and running of the BBC.
It needs to be completely independently regulated and not at any degree of mercy of politicians who have shown they simply cannot be trusted to not make life difficult for the BBC at every opportunity.

It is no surprise to me whatsoever that those on the political right have claimed the BBC had no choice but to do what they have done while those on the left are accusing the BBC of cowardice and weak leadership.
Pretty much sums up what I said before.
Everyone kicking the BBC about like a political football (pardon the pun).
It is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

The primary blame in this specific situation is with the government for a ludicrous right wing populist piece of shit of a policy in the form of Stop the boats and for spending so much of its time bullying the corporation into submission as pretty much all governments do.
The BBC should never be a government play thing to use and abuse for its own ends (cough cough splutter splutter) Richard Sharp anyone? bladewave.

The BBC has not exactly covered itself in glory on this by any means but I would be intrigued to know what conversations have been had between BBC executives and the government about the Lineker issue since the story broke.

[Image: Screenshot-20230313-195447-2.png]

And that.......ladies and gentlemen comes from a most respected BBC journalist of many years standing. If anyone knows then he does Cool.