The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - george lusk - 15-03-2020 14:37

Panic buying is way out of hand now. I could hardly squeeze into my local supermarket this morning.

Has anything I should know about happened since yesterday?

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - 4waydiablo - 15-03-2020 15:24

I was going to ask the same question. There's definitely an increased wave of panic shopping today. If it carries on like this long queues are goimng to become the norm.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - babefan2012 - 15-03-2020 15:38

Yeah that Joe Rogan podcast was very interesting, saw a lot of clips from this. Terrifying and informative at the same time.

The panic buying is out of hand, if it gets much worse we will start seeing looting. That will just make the whole situation a thousand times worse. Just selfish people buying more than they need a leaving those who need it most without. At this rate most of the world is going to have to be under martial law soon.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 15-03-2020 16:11

(15-03-2020 14:10 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  Claims from Germany that Trump is offering huge amounts of money to buy exclusive rights to a vaccine from a German lab.

German Govt officals are saying its true as well

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/coronavirus-germany-tries-to-stop-us-luring-away-firm-seeking-vaccine.html

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - Cheesy Grin - 15-03-2020 16:40

[Image: ETJU9bw-XYAAZEMS.png]

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - winsaw - 15-03-2020 17:01

(15-03-2020 15:24 )4waydiablo Wrote:  I was going to ask the same question. There's definitely an increased wave of panic shopping today. If it carries on like this long queues are goimng to become the norm.

i work in distribution for one of the biggest national supermarkets so will know when i see the order disk run for my large part of the country later if its more then usual,
the funny thing is last week we did less than usual as the shops where ordering so much stuff we just couldn't pick there order, so large ranges of products where simply not getting picked at all as we looked to get out what people wanted most, if your supermarket is short of tins and jars then thats why as we didn't pick any for 2 days last week, and where also nearly a day behind on the pick for everything else,
the orders are the size we normally only see at xmas but at the time of year when we have the least number of staff to pick them, it would take 2 months to get the staff level up to where it needs to be,

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - Skyline - 15-03-2020 17:10

[Image: 1580594015093.jpg]

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - Rake - 15-03-2020 20:21

On the shortage of ventilators:
  • Govt has asked UK engineering companies to switch to making these on an urgent footing
      • I iunderstand one such company is Dyson
      • Now, vacuum cleaner technology is not a million miles from ventilator technology (it is about moving air after all) so it makes lot of sense, and Dyson is very innovative.
      • Let's hope he still has some UK manufactiring base though because i had heard he moved or was moving a lot out to China...I am sure the irony is not lost on you, him, or the Govt.

I also expect that they will be making the most basic ventilators in order to speed it up and max out the numbers. That is fine so long as you have the skilled staff to operate and monitor them.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - Stemmw - 15-03-2020 20:50

(15-03-2020 16:11 )HannahsPet Wrote:  
(15-03-2020 14:10 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  Claims from Germany that Trump is offering huge amounts of money to buy exclusive rights to a vaccine from a German lab.

German Govt officals are saying its true as well

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/coronavirus-germany-tries-to-stop-us-luring-away-firm-seeking-vaccine.html

Exclusive rights to a fucking vaccine, what an entitled shite bag. Maybe if Trump (an anti-vaxxer, how ironic bladewave ) hadn't dissolved a national health unit specifically designed for this very situation then his country wouldn't be about to be in the pandemic shitter Rolleyes

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 15-03-2020 21:36

(15-03-2020 15:38 )babefan2012 Wrote:  Yeah that Joe Rogan podcast was very interesting, saw a lot of clips from this. Terrifying and informative at the same time.

The panic buying is out of hand, if it gets much worse we will start seeing looting. That will just make the whole situation a thousand times worse. Just selfish people buying more than they need a leaving those who need it most without. At this rate most of the world is going to have to be under martial law soon.

I think the only only option is that those who are continuously repeated panic buying when they shouldn't, should now be arrested and goods confiscated and distributed amongst the elderly in their community or returned to store and re sold. Those arrested should face fines of £10,000.