The UK Babe Channels Forum
Boxing Chat & Discussion - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=268)
+----- Thread: Boxing Chat & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=18980)

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - groundnpound - 18-07-2012 01:10

Babelover48, some of the things you said in that post were crazy! Interesting post but there are some mad suggestions in there.

Amir won't be hanging around the domestic scene at all. There's one fight for him in Britain and that's Kell Brook.

Every trainer in the country would jump at the chance to coach Khan. Most in the world would. He's one of our best, most high profile fighters. It would be a great chance for someone. Manny Steward would be a good choice i reckon, Lennox Lewis old coach.

He'll never fight Carl Froch. That's madness!Rolleyes

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - The Truth - 18-07-2012 01:23

Carl froch seems to forget about the lesson he was taught by Andre Ward.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - The Truth - 05-08-2012 01:20

Here's some of the funniest KO's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoCe3D1RQPQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - iamthatjack - 24-08-2012 18:21

(15-07-2012 21:31 )the truth Wrote:  What he needs,is to get a good british trainer who can devote more one on one time with him.I know Freddie Roach is a world class trainer but he has got bigger fighters that he is clearly more committed to

(15-07-2012 21:58 )Money_Shot Wrote:  the truth - Excellent point about Freddie Roach. He is one of the best coaches in the world, but like you say he can't commit the time to Khan. Khan needs to get himself a trainer full time who can dedicate time to him.
I think Khan does have a bit of a glass jaw, but like David Haye, it isn't the glass jaw that will put you down, it's your inability to fight and hold a solid guard. Haye has proved you can still be a good boxer when you've got a weak chin. Khan can do just the same.

Not only has Freddie Roach got a more prolific/bigger fighter, who he spends more of his time with, I personally can tell that his Parkinson's has been getting progressively worse. I seriously think for health reasons he should give up the sport. You can see in the 2 fights for both Khan and Manny, that they have fought a lot worse than they are capable of doing. Time for one the great sporting coaches to hang up the gloves, in my opinions

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - Money_Shot - 24-08-2012 21:56

Jack - Possible that is true about Roach. I never really looked at it that way but now you come to mention it. Maybe his illness is starting to take over? I hope not as he is a great guy and a great coach, but if it's effecting his profession then you're right, it's time to call it a day.
Either way I still think Kahn needs solid time with a top coach.

I heard there is potential talk of Kahn and Ricky the Hitman potentially going toe to toe!

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - iamthatjack - 25-08-2012 02:18

I just get that impression with Freddie, I hope I am wrong, but the last 4 performances from his fighters have been crap, can't all be from distractions! Khan-Hatton would be interesting had it been a few years ago, now, Hatton will be far too slow and rusty! Although may cause a massive racial divide if it happened!

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - The Truth - 29-08-2012 01:22

Freddie Roach now is seen amongst many in the boxing world as more of a promoter and not a hands on trainer anymore,this may be down to his illness,which is sad really because he can definitely be considered one the top trainers of his time.
Regarding Manny,according to most reports he does what Manny wants to do, he doesn't get on with some of his training team and just like Klitchko is distracted by his political aspirations.
I'm sure in the not so distance future Mayweather and Manny will get what is still considered a super fight,and win loose or draw Manny will quit the ring.
Regarding Kahn,recently he's been spotted with 50cent which may or may not indicate he might sign with TNT promotions,if this was to be the case he could possibly be trained by one of the Mayweather clan which would enhance his defensive frailty's but would put paid to a possible Mayweather fight.
What ever the situation with Kahn he needs to be involved in and beat a top ten fighter in order to remain in the mix but at all cost he must avoid Adrien Broner.
For me Ricky hatton coming out of retirement to fight Malignaggi is not a wise move for him or for any federation willing to sanction the fight,he should stay retired and keep his boxing memories in tact instead of involving himself in a publicity circus.
I suggest a Kahn Malignaggi rematch would be more of a realistic fight and would keep Kahn in the mix should he win.
These are just my views for what It's worth.

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - The Truth - 11-09-2012 22:48

The days of good Heavyweight fights.

Tyson vs Berbick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OP8nr81daA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - The Truth - 13-10-2012 22:06

Congrats to David Price,1st round KO of Fruadley Harrison.(one & half minutes...wow)
Hopefully know Fruadley will call it a day and stop kidding himself.
I foresee big things for David Price,hopefully a couple more fights (up the quality of opponent) then a crack at either Klitchko brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7N6CvBUBUk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Quick footnote:Tyson Fury (arsehole) calls out Price,but seems to forget he was the one who dodged Price...My opinion on Fury is,he is an out of shape chinny heavyweight who's fought and been decked by what can only be described as average run of the mill fighters.(and that's me being kind) and for his promoter Henessy to call him world class is laughable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXW7cUPeKck&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RE: Boxing Chat & Discussion - The Truth - 24-10-2012 00:21

Liverpool Heavyweight David Price has confirmed his next fight will be against Luton Heavyweight Matt Skelton at Aintree racecourse on November 30.
Now I know people not in the Boxing know will just see a 45 year old journey man,but take it from me Matty Skeleton is no mug,he's mixed in good company and is always up for a good tear up.
This will be a good test for Pricey,Skeleton is definitely a live oppenent unlike Fruadley Harrison,I foresee a good scrap with warnings galore,Matty likes a bit of the rough stuff.
My prediction:Price late stoppage.