The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 14-04-2021 14:25

^ Just have them do twice weekly lateral flow tests. It’s suggested that 70% of them are living in their term time accommodation anyway

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 14-04-2021 17:54

It's been found that chlorinated swimming pool water helps to inactivate the virus which causes covid in little under 30 seconds.

So using indoor swimming pools is classed as being low risk.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - southsidestu - 16-04-2021 12:28

Matt Hancock owns shares in firm awarded NHS contract, in addition his sister owns a larger share, been involved with the company since its founding & is a current Director. This is just emblematic of cronyism that is rife & corrosive in our polit... oh what's the point, nothing ever happens

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56768601

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 16-04-2021 16:22

The R rate has dropped this week to between .7 to 1. Last week it was between .8 to 1.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tractor boy - 16-04-2021 22:03

New Indian variant found in UK.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Chrisst - 17-04-2021 01:50

I've just been reading about residents of Ontario, Canada going into a month's lockdown with new stop and question powers for the police. Bordering the US they already have robust restrictions which appear to heve remained constant unlike the flexibility we've seen in the UK..
They're also reporting a Brazilian variant and of course there's the situations reported in Brazil, India, Europe....
The situation in the UK does look promising but I can't help but think that we won't be able to hold out, sooner or later what they've got will come here.
Here's hoping. Smile

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 17-04-2021 06:25

The strain found in India is a double mutant strain and I thoink there is a possibilty that this could be the strain that stops any further rollout dead in it's tracks and any any vaccines could be rendered null and void. I think this could be the strain that has to be watched very closely right across the world.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 18-04-2021 08:28

Had my AZ jag about a week ago. Absolutely no side effects whatsoever Cool

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Boomerangutangangbang - 18-04-2021 11:39

(17-04-2021 06:25 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  The strain found in India is a double mutant strain and I thoink there is a possibilty that this could be the strain that stops any further rollout dead in it's tracks and any any vaccines could be rendered null and void. I think this could be the strain that has to be watched very closely right across the world.

Unless you happen to be a virologist, this is pure speculation. The UK sequences a proportion of all cases & targets groups of people entering the country such as South Africa. The UK has contributed to around 50% of the worlds genomic sequencing, so we're playing our part. Far too early to suggest that tis Strain from India is of greater concern that the others, as there's not much data to go on. The South Africa & the variant detected in Manaus, Brazil being closely monitored.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - terence - 20-04-2021 10:40

bad news: covid-19 just tested positive for ted nugent. thoughts and prayers! Bounce

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/20/coronavirus-ted-nugent-tests-positive-after-mocking-pandemic-14438991/