The UK Babe Channels Forum
UFC - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: MMA (/forumdisplay.php?fid=299)
+----- Thread: UFC (/showthread.php?tid=18541)

RE: UFC - Winston Wolfe - 09-08-2010 20:16

(09-08-2010 01:25 )mitchell Wrote:  I've just watched the Silva v Sonnen fight again, only this time with concentration rather than excitement & it seems Sonnen only has himself to blame. It took him till the last round to attempt a submission & even that was half hearted, over 20min of ground domination & only 1 sub attempt, that is poor for a NCAA division 1 wrestler, Silva on the other hand was always looking for the submission attempt from his back attempting several triangles an armbar & a kimura. Sonnen got himself caught up in his own "I'm gonna put a beating on Anderson" & ended up throwing too many little rabbit punches rather than looking to take Silva's back which he could have done in the first round.

I agree, in terms of the actual submission, Sonnen wasn't unlucky. Silva saw an opportunity, Sonnen failed to react quickly enough to prevent it and submitted. In the context of the 5 rounds overall, he was very unlucky to lose the fight.

RE: UFC - mitchell - 09-08-2010 20:58

(09-08-2010 20:16 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  In the context of the 5 rounds overall, he was very unlucky to lose the fight.

I don't disagree he would have won the fight on points, but he had an opportunity in the first round for a choke when he was on Silva's back, if he put his right arm under Silva's chin which he could easily have done then the left heal hook would have followed & he would have got a 1st round submission win. That was the difference, Silva was aware of the opportunity when it came... Fight over, Sonnen made two mistakes & payed for it, the 1st was not goin for the 1st round choke & the second was leaving his head there for a BBJ black belt to grab hold of.
He put in a good performance but like i said, I think he went in to the fight full of his own words "I'm gonna put a beating on Anderson" & that may have cost him some technical concentration???

RE: UFC - Ro1982 - 10-08-2010 13:08

I seen a video of him saying brazilian jiu jitsu was gay very stupid attitude to have, even harder to understand cause hes been so susceptible to submissions his whole career. Havin said that i was absolutely sick silva got the win cant stand that chap after his antics in abu dhabi.

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 10-08-2010 17:08

Sonnen could easily win a rematch.He only needed to hang on for a few minutes more.

RE: UFC - mitchell - 11-08-2010 12:47

Afternoon chaps, just thought i'd point you all in the direction of Sky Sports 3 tonight at 22:00 for Ultimate Challenge 2010, i've no idea who is on the card or when it's from, i'll miss most of it anyways.
Also September 25th live on Bravo is BAMMA 4 the eagerly anticipated (for domestic mma fans) middleweight title fight between Tom 'Kong' Watson & Alex 'Andre' Ried.

Has anyone seen the Cage Fighter show on Sky Sports 2, i think it's on every Wedensday at 22:00 with Dave O'Donnell & that OJ Borg dude off the lotto, i keep missing it i know it's been on the last 2 weeks as i've caught the last 5min or so, for some reason the other week their guest was that Brian Bello kid from Big BrotherHuh

RE: UFC - HEX!T - 11-08-2010 13:32

not a fan of the bald gitt... (im a slap head myself btw. self inflicted) that saaf landan geeza accent giving it the big I AAAAAM...
after 5 mins i wanna hit him. Bounce if they got another presenter then yeah id watch but he really does spoil cage rage/figher for me...

RE: UFC - Carl13 - 11-08-2010 18:58

(11-08-2010 12:47 )mitchell Wrote:  Afternoon chaps, just thought i'd point you all in the direction of Sky Sports 3 tonight at 22:00 for Ultimate Challenge 2010, i've no idea who is on the card or when it's from .....

Thanks for the info.

I believe this is the card being covered by tonight's broadcast.

http://www.mmaconnect.co.uk/events-calendar/2010/08/07/invincible

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 14-08-2010 13:05

Thought this was quite interesting on the art of the Knockout.Something to practice on the bag Smile
http://uk.ufc.com/news/3-things-you-didnt-know-about-KOs

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 14-08-2010 13:11

Something else that's got my attention is the introduction of James Toney to the UFC.
Don't know what you guys think but i don't think it's good at all lol
I saw an interview with him the other day and he was slurring his words n stuff..
He's an old boxer who's had too many big bangs to the head by the look and sound of him..
Why does Dana White see the need to add this guy to the Ultimate Fighting ranks????

RE: UFC - Gaz "AV1" Aston - 14-08-2010 13:32

I think they just saw an opportunity to put the old question to bed of
"Who would win in a fight?..a pure boxer or a fighter disciplined in many different fighting styles".

Lets face it as soon as the UFC came into being, there were always comparisons and fighters calling out
various World Champion Boxers at the time..James Toney has stepped up, admittedly an old man in boxing terms
and probably on a hiding to nothing as Randy Couture will take him down and game over.

It would maybe be a bit more of a legit experiment if they say got one of the Klitchko brothers to fight in the UFC
when they are at the top of their game, but even then with his wrestling skills i would probably imagine the result to be the same!