The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 16-03-2020 08:32

I get what they're saying about flattening the peak of the outbreak so the NHS isn't overwhelmed, but it's still a very risky strategy. It could work, but the worst case scenario is that the outbreak is extended without achieving the peak-flattening they need.

Coming down hard, like other countries have, may well lead to it resurfacing later on. But at least the NHS will have had time to draw breath and regroup.
In terms of HR, it's easier for people to give 200% over a short time than 150% over a long period.

It still seems like they're reacting to this as it unfolds, rather than trying to get ahead of it.

I was involved with the foot and mouth epidemic. I know it's a completely different thing, but I can tell you now we were not winning that one until decisions were taken at the top to move from reaction to proaction.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 16-03-2020 08:46

Even now, I don't think the decisions at the top are not clear and precise and I get the feeling it could snowball into something far much worse and much more terrifying than the world thinks... but it is strange that we haven't heard much from either Putin or Kim on how they are coping or dealing with it....

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - babefan2012 - 16-03-2020 11:18

I rather feel that the reason for not having a mandatory lockdown is because as a collective we Brits don’t do well with being told what to do. Doing so will most likely cause more problems for Police and have to involve the army. Plus there’s also the economic issues, lockdown will tank it straight into the biggest shitter ever seen.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 16-03-2020 11:52

Thank goodness we're not America. Apart from being led by an idiot I saw a video this morning of a queue of people trying to buy guns. Looks like some of them are preparing for war. Fucking idiots

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 16-03-2020 12:58

It's annoyng that not enough was done to make sure that supplies in hand gels, wipes and masks would be fully available.

The government have had since January to make plans, and they have failed to deliver.

And now there is talk about Dyson being asked to make respirators Huh

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 16-03-2020 13:20

LMVH who own lots of designer fashion brands and also make perfume have announced that from today they are converting their perfume factories to enable them to make anti bacterial gel which they will give to the French authorities.

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 16-03-2020 13:22

(16-03-2020 11:52 )SecretAgent Wrote:  Thank goodness we're not America. Apart from being led by an idiot I saw a video this morning of a queue of people trying to buy guns. Looks like some of them are preparing for war. Fucking idiots

They're either preparing for a civil war Or they are preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - Cheesy Grin - 16-03-2020 13:33

Interesting tweet from 2013

https://twitter.com/Marco_Acortes/status/341578219176214528

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 16-03-2020 13:36

Hardly nostradamus Corona virus is a range of viruses the common cold is a corona virus and they had Sars and Mers with in a few years of each other

RE: Coronavirus - is enought being done to contain it? - Cheesy Grin - 16-03-2020 13:47

(16-03-2020 13:36 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Hardly nostradamus Corona virus is a range of viruses the common cold is a corona virus and they had Sars and Mers with in a few years of each other

True, though was it actually called Corona virus till this year? I hadn't heard it before

I think I answered my own question..

https://www.quora.com/Who-discovered-the-Coronavirus?redirected_qid=65918491

And here... https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coronavirus

Term first used in 1968 so no biggy. Carry on