The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 18-05-2021 05:29

^are you saying it is possible that case numbers in indian could far worse than what we are being told publicly? and is it possible this variant will have the ability to undo all the progress we have made and bring the roadmap to a halt for quite considerable time to come.

I think this variant is likely to be the real killer third wave. If they end up delaying the roadmap, it is possible the only way forward is to shut our borders completely down for the next two months and only reopen them when we are sure it is safe. They then have to make that decision - do we shut EVERYTHING down like last March? I am think it may be the only one course of action left open.

UPDATE ordered home rtestb pack just so i can set mind at rest

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 18-05-2021 09:08

Early reports from recent covid hospitalisations in Bolton are showing that most have the Indian variant and are people who have declined to have the vaccine.

I don’t like the calls from some Conservative MP’s to open up the country anyway because if people have refused the vaccine they are willingly putting themselves at risk but once all adults have been offered the vaccine we will probably be at the point where that will be the decision that has to be taken.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rodriguez - 18-05-2021 10:02

Appreciate that I am a bit late to the party on this one, but where are you based?

Is it close the areas that have been mentioned as being affected by the Indian variant, or somewhere else?

(17-05-2021 18:34 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  2 positive tests at work so two staff members in self isolation, it was supposed to be a week off for me, instead I'm having to work this week as cover and I am not sure if I'll get it rearranged and was told there is no requirement for me to take a test. Which is something I find a little strange.

When it is a small team, it does have an impact. And i'm the only other cover they have.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 18-05-2021 10:40

^ Why is that relevant? I can read and I can hear what is being reported.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rodriguez - 18-05-2021 11:30

(18-05-2021 10:40 )SecretAgent Wrote:  ^ Why is that relevant? I can read and I can hear what is being reported.

Because, in my opinion, if it's in the areas reported, is in line with what the media are saying. If it's elsewhere, then the problem is possibly worse than what we're being told. Again, in my opinion.

The media tell us what they want. I am always quite keen to hear of first hand experience. Even if it's just one case.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 18-05-2021 11:45

Well it was reports coming out of Bolton Hospital and Matt Hancock in the House of Commons.

I have just seen a member of Independent Sage denying those claims. She says there are 18 recent hospital admissions and that 6 had been vaccinated. She also claimed that of the 12 others there is no evidence that they had refused a vaccine so we shall see. She then went on to tear the Government a new arsehole for relaxing the rules yesterday and not shutting our borders as she said the risks the Government is running by relaxing rules without full knowledge of the damage the Indian Variant could do is irresponsible.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 18-05-2021 13:54

Ryanair alone are taking 1.5 million bookings a week just now.

This looks a lot like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory Rolleyes

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rodriguez - 18-05-2021 14:35

Like Steve McQueen in The Great Escape

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Skyline - 18-05-2021 18:32

bladewave

[Image: 187588612-3971460376271242-3140195053543584908-n.jpg]

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 18-05-2021 18:37

(18-05-2021 10:02 )Rodriguez Wrote:  Appreciate that I am a bit late to the party on this one, but where are you based?

Is it close the areas that have been mentioned as being affected by the Indian variant, or somewhere else?

(17-05-2021 18:34 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  2 positive tests at work so two staff members in self isolation, it was supposed to be a week off for me, instead I'm having to work this week as cover and I am not sure if I'll get it rearranged and was told there is no requirement for me to take a test. Which is something I find a little strange.

When it is a small team, it does have an impact. And i'm the only other cover they have.

KI cddin't know anything unti. later Sunday night and I'm in Hertfirdshire i have no clue what varisnt it is they caught buy have ordered home kits so ican do test and set my mind at rest.If anyone has used one so they can give advice.