The UK Babe Channels Forum
All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Wrestling (/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+----- Thread: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=75964)

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 17-02-2021 17:04

and for Goat and all so know whats going on DARK at the moment
they did 12 matches in the 60 min show this week so a lot to take in,

Jon Moxley(won) vs. Jon Cruz
Bear Country(won) vs. Chaos Project
Butcher & Blade(won) vs. Jake St. Patrick & Sage Scott
Shanna(won) vs. Renee Michelle
Alex Reynolds & John Silver(won) vs. Eric James & VSK
Jurassic Express(won) vs. Baron Black & John Skyler
Tay Conti(won) vs. Vertvixen
Eddie Kingston(won) vs. Aaron Solow
Ricky Starks(won) vs. KC Navarro this match was over in 15 seconds
Brandon Cutler(won) vs. Misterioso
Will Hobbs(won) vs. Ryzin
Fuego del Sol vs. Nick Coromoto(won)

most that matches where really quick squash matches,
only Kingston versus Solow and Cutler versus Misterioso where proper matches given time,
Mox came out as the IWGP Champ and looked bad ass as he destroyed the other
guy
Butcher & Blade looked amazing as bad ass heels as they ripped the ops to peaces,
main event was an interesting upset

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 17-02-2021 17:20

(12-02-2021 16:11 )winsaw Wrote:  AEW has Registered Forbidden Door and Forbidden Portal as new trademarks,
this is after Mox was on this weeks NJPW strong TV show, and Hiroshi Tanahashi said Mox had come through the forbidden door,
it seams that AEW and NJPR have agreed a long term deal,
Dave Meltzer's has said this The deal is done, and the sides have a working relationship and The pandemic probably sped it up, but it also holds it back at the same time. The only way for NJPR to get Moxley was to make a deal,

this is really exciting so many dream matches

This seems like a pointless deal on aew's side much like the deal with impact it doesn't benefit aew... wrestlers from NJPW are not going to increse viewership as i would say all the people who have any interest in njpw already watch aew so njpw may gain a few new viewers but aew gains nothing.

Also tony khan needs to stay off tv he is embarrassing

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 17-02-2021 17:28

(17-02-2021 17:04 )winsaw Wrote:  and for Goat and all so know whats going on DARK at the moment
they did 12 matches in the 60 min show this week so a lot to take in,

Jon Moxley(won) vs. Jon Cruz
Bear Country(won) vs. Chaos Project
Butcher & Blade(won) vs. Jake St. Patrick & Sage Scott
Shanna(won) vs. Renee Michelle
Alex Reynolds & John Silver(won) vs. Eric James & VSK
Jurassic Express(won) vs. Baron Black & John Skyler
Tay Conti(won) vs. Vertvixen
Eddie Kingston(won) vs. Aaron Solow
Ricky Starks(won) vs. KC Navarro this match was over in 15 seconds
Brandon Cutler(won) vs. Misterioso
Will Hobbs(won) vs. Ryzin
Fuego del Sol vs. Nick Coromoto(won)

most that matches where really quick squash matches,
only Kingston versus Solow and Cutler versus Misterioso where proper matches given time,
Mox came out as the IWGP Champ and looked bad ass as he destroyed the other
guy
Butcher & Blade looked amazing as bad ass heels as they ripped the ops to peaces,
main event was an interesting upset

So it was a bunch of pointless matches... why did they need to do 12 ? Like 85% of these people didnt need to be on here, jon moxley who has been pushed as the biggest star in the company for the past year should never be on dark against a nobody its silly

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 18-02-2021 11:58

Just read the results for this weeks aew... what is this companies fascination with japanese wrestlers and putting jobbers on tv ?

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 18-02-2021 15:30

(18-02-2021 11:58 )The Goatman Wrote:  Just read the results for this weeks aew... what is this companies fascination with japanese wrestlers and putting jobbers on tv ?

i watch the ITV show as live so cant say whats happened until after i see on friday night,
in general Japanese wrestlers are some of the best workers in the business and can nearly always be relied on to have a very good match with anyone,
and depends who you are calling a jobber mate they maybe up and coming talent

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 18-02-2021 22:38

If they was that good of workers they would be able to get over to a western audience which they very rarely do...

and as for jobbers in this instance i was talking about luther... he is offically the worst wrestler on this roster which is saying something

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 19-02-2021 17:39

(18-02-2021 22:38 )The Goatman Wrote:  If they was that good of workers they would be able to get over to a western audience which they very rarely do...

and as for jobbers in this instance i was talking about luther... he is offically the worst wrestler on this roster which is saying something

i think the issue is that the wrestlers in japan are taught a different style and way of getting over, the Jap fans like a realistic stiff style with technical matches, the usa fan wants a more over the top character driven show thats not so important in what they can actually do in the ring, this due to cultural reasons dont come so easy to a lot of the Japanese,

and yes Luther is def a jobber now but he still has a name, some of his death matches are truly amazing will worth finding them to see how good he was before he broke his body to much, if he was used to put over younger talent then thats fine

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 19-02-2021 18:02

Mate ive been a wrestling fan for 25 years and until aew i had never heard of him... anyone who has to do death matches and hurt themselves for real to hide the fact they suck shouldnt not be anywhere near tv (mick foley is the only exemption) having him on tv along with all the tiny flippers is the reason aew will never grow aew is basically an indy show

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 19-02-2021 19:49

(19-02-2021 18:02 )The Goatman Wrote:  Mate ive been a wrestling fan for 25 years and until aew i had never heard of him...

that surprises me mate hes been around a long time worked for WCW and ECW in the 90's , he's been the NWA world champion 2 times, the AWA world champion 1 time, the Canadian champ 1 time and Canadian tag champ 3 times, hes won a lot of smaller belts as well, he was a good wrestler in the 90's only going into the harder stuff in the 2000's when his body stopped him working traditional matches,

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 19-02-2021 20:19

Just had to google him
He had 2 ecw matches and 1 wcw match on worldwide lol he he never wrestled for awa the awa title he had was in fmw and was not the official awa title... and i can't find anything about him being nwa champion.

He is a talentless jobber who shouldnt be on tv but is because he is jericho's mate