The UK Babe Channels Forum
Call of Duty: World at War - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Gaming Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Thread: Call of Duty: World at War (/showthread.php?tid=1378)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - jungleboy - 26-11-2008 22:48

BristolRovers Wrote:
limpwrist Wrote:I will deffo want to watch DVD's with it. Heard the PS3 does a lovely job at upscalling. I supose my main use for the console would be to play avi's and mp3's over my network.

I take it both machines are about par for media playing/streaming capeabilities?

If you want to stream trouble free, PS3 is the way to go.

It is more of a "Home Entertainment System" than the 360. You can stream on the 360 but it is alot more complicated and also you can't save photo's from a external HD/MS on the 360, but on the PS3 there is no problem. Smile

There is also rumoured to be a 180GB PS3 coming out early 2009, so I am not sure if you want to wait for that. (If it is coming out that is)

Can you imagine the price though?
Apparently sony have finally managed to make the consoles cheaper, so im guessing this is their way of trying to make some more dollars.

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - limpwrist - 26-11-2008 23:15

BristolRovers Wrote:
limpwrist Wrote:I will deffo want to watch DVD's with it. Heard the PS3 does a lovely job at upscalling. I supose my main use for the console would be to play avi's and mp3's over my network.

I take it both machines are about par for media playing/streaming capeabilities?

If you want to stream trouble free, PS3 is the way to go.

It is more of a "Home Entertainment System" than the 360. You can stream on the 360 but it is alot more complicated and also you can't save photo's from a external HD/MS on the 360, but on the PS3 there is no problem. Smile

There is also rumoured to be a 180GB PS3 coming out early 2009, so I am not sure if you want to wait for that. (If it is coming out that is)

Cheers for the info Bristol, with all that taken onboard I have made the decision of a PS3.

The next dilema is weather to hold off in hope of a possible 180GB version. As Jungleboy has pointed out tho, i guess it would make an already over the top expensive piece of kit even more expensice!

Thanks again guys!

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - A Spider Monkey - 26-11-2008 23:15

jungleboy Wrote:
A Spider Monkey Wrote:
jungleboy Wrote:spider, what console do you have? I have the elite and have had no problems in 6 months so far..

I have the premium xbox, it came with a hard drive and the disc drawer is silver. I know there was some problem with the mother boards on the earlier versions, which I guess is whats wrong with mine. Tried to send it back to microsoft for a fix but they said I needed receipts to prove when I bought it, as it was a gift I never got a receipt with it and the person who bought it for me does'nt have the receipt either.

Thats strange, My mate had his xbox when they first came out at crimbo like 05 and his ringed about a year ago and he didnt send it back until about 2 months ago, they took it and didnt ask for anything. They sent it back a week later all fixed too. You should try again. Same rule should apply to all.

Will have another go after Christmas. It was about two months ago I tried it. Thanks for the info.

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - jungleboy - 26-11-2008 23:20

no probs, glad to help. Thanks for the rep Smile

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - A Spider Monkey - 26-11-2008 23:26

jungleboy Wrote:no probs, glad to help. Thanks for the rep Smile

I popped your rep cherry

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - BelfastBadBoy - 27-11-2008 18:17

Getting this tomorow although if i see the new Need For Speed it'll be that instead but until then its Call Of Duty:World At War tomorow...although that new Fallout game is tempting also

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - RazorBlue - 27-11-2008 23:21

Yeah the new NFS does look really good but Call of Duty and Fallout are just wow. And Call of Duty on Xbox Live...Perfect.

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - BristolRovers - 28-11-2008 00:26

I wouldn't get the new NFS guys, apparently it is crap;

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=310140
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14234988.html

Just a heads up really. Don't want you wasting your money!

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - BelfastBadBoy - 28-11-2008 00:46

BristolRovers Wrote:I wouldn't get the new NFS guys, apparently it is crap;

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=310140
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14234988.html

Just a heads up really. Don't want you wasting your money!

Yeah been reading mixed reviews but i never liked the last 2 or 3 and they were popular so maybe i'll like this new one, its the choice of being the cops is a plus and the fact i badly want a driving game. I have that Far Cry 2 and i havnt really played it so getting another RPG like Fallout doesnt make sense

RE: Call of Duty: World at War - BristolRovers - 28-11-2008 00:50

Fair enough.