The UK Babe Channels Forum
Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Olympics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=298)
+----- Thread: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=40289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - 7 stars of the orient - 02-07-2012 19:03

Team GB squad:

Jack Butland (Birmingham), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham), Craig Dawson (West Brom), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Neil Taylor (Swansea), James Tomkins (West Ham), Joe Allen (Swansea), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Jack Cork (Southampton), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Scott Sinclair (Swansea), Craig Bellamy (Liverpool), Marvin Sordell (Bolton), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea).

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - Pyro - 02-07-2012 19:49

^^^^

Half the players I really don't know?! Are we expected to win Gold with this lot?!

Well! we will see what we are made of when we face Brazil for a warm-up game at the Riverside Stadium on July 20th!!!!!!!!

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - terence - 02-07-2012 19:56

^^^^ it's under-23s event, but each country will be allowed to select three older players. so most countries will be fielding unknowns. personally i think it should be an amateur event myself.

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - Charlemagne - 02-07-2012 20:05

(02-07-2012 19:56 )terence Wrote:  ^^^^ it's under-23s event, but each country will be allowed to select three older players. so most countries will be fielding unknowns. personally i think it should be an amateur event myself.

It's always been hard to prove who is an amateur and who is a professional.
Some countries (East Germany for example) enlisted their best players and put them in the army.
They were paid as soldiers but were really full time footballers.

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - Phoenix - 03-07-2012 13:36

You just gotta chuckle at Spain's team:

De Gea (Manchester United), Robles (Atletico Madrid), Marino (Villarreal)

Azpilicueta (Marseille), Alba (Valencia), Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), Dominguez (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Montoya (Barcelona), Botia (Sporting Gijon), San Jose (Athletic Bilbao), Martinez (Real Sociedad)

Thiago (Barcelona), Herrera (Athletic Bilbao), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Romeu (Chelsea), Isco (Malaga), Mata (Chelsea), Muniain (Athletic Bilbao)

Adrian (Atletico Madrid), Vasquez (Espanyol), Tello (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Benfica)

Great to see Cork get into our Olympic side though

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - Scottishbloke - 04-07-2012 19:49

So a team that consists of mainly England players and 5 Welsh is supposingly a true representation of Great Britain bladewave First of all I've never ever been a fan of team Great Britain, the only reason I support Andy Murray for example is because I'm Scottish, I'll never ever fly a British flag. If Stuart Pierce had bothered to select players from all the British Isles including the Scottish too ofcourse, I might have given it my half hearted blessing but because of his decision not to I personally hope they get fucked and I'll be cheering on whoever plays against them.

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - dilkington - 04-07-2012 19:58

didnt your FA say they didnt want their players to be involved ?

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - Money_Shot - 04-07-2012 21:03

I think the Welsh F.A also said the same as well. I might be wrong though.

I'm not clued up on Scottish players, so who would be a few players, presumably under 23 that would be worth taking?

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - 7 stars of the orient - 04-07-2012 21:46

(04-07-2012 19:49 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  If Stuart Pierce had bothered to select players from all the British Isles including the Scottish too ofcourse, I might have given it my half hearted blessing

Don't worry, you can support the GB women's team. Their squad includes 2 Scottish players.

RE: Great Britain Olympic Football Team 2012 - Tumble_Drier - 04-07-2012 21:52

(04-07-2012 19:58 )dilkington Wrote:  didnt your FA say they didnt want their players to be involved ?

From the Scottish FA Website.

"Scottish FA spokesperson: “In light of today's announcement, the Scottish FA reiterates its opposition to taking part in Team GB. We have been consistently clear in our position and, in particular, the threat it poses to our independent membership of FIFA and also our representation on the International Football Association Board.

"A letter was signed by the Scottish FA, Irish FA and Football Association of Wales in 2009 to enable England to represent Team GB. We remain in alignment with those associations.

“It is imperative we preserve our voice at the top table of world football and the supporters are in agreement with our stance. We have consulted with the men's and women's international squads in order that they understand our position, the reasons for that position and are aware of the feelings of the supporters."

But why let the facts get in the way of a good old rant, eh? Wink