The UK Babe Channels Forum
Gerry Anderson RIP - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Gerry Anderson RIP (/showthread.php?tid=52302)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - Regenerated - 27-12-2012 22:06

I liked Thunderbirds, but my favourite was always Stingray - coming home from school on those Friday evenings, looking forward to the adventures of Troy Tempest, Phones and Marina taking on those crazy fish men! As someone has said in the comments to this intro video - badass puppets! Big Grin

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - Gordon_Bennett - 28-12-2012 13:01

I'm old enough to remember when 'Thunderbirds' was first broadcast. It was brilliant. Even when you watch it today it still holds up very well.

Thanks to Mr. Anderson for also bringing us 'Captain Scarlet', & 'Stingray', 'Joe 90', etc, etc.

RIP.

RE: Gerry Anderson RIP - mr williams - 05-01-2013 20:26

Not forgetting that The Thunderbirds were named after the first American astronauts. Alan (Shepherd), Virgil (Grissom), John (Glenn) and Scott (Carpenter) were the first four Americans in space. The fifth was Wally Schirra but it was believed that Anderson didn't want to name the last Thunderbird "Wally" so he was missed out and they went to the sixth, Gordon (Cooper) instead.

"Brains" was supposed to be based on the Head of the US Space Programme Werner von Braun.