The UK Babe Channels Forum
The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. (/showthread.php?tid=57841)

Pages: 1 2 3

[split] [split] The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Shady - 02-12-2013 00:37

Sadly, Shaw seemed to be in almost constant conflict with the producers of the show from day one. The ever growing perm was apparently an act of rebellion if one story is to be believed. I think he also tried to block the show's repeats because he felt it was detrimental to his blossoming acting career, where he had clearly moved on from the 'Doyle' character.

I think Collins was instrumental in getting Shaw to change his mind, chiefly because he was reminded that Gordon Jackson's widow could use the financial boost that repeat fees would bring. Happily, it also meant that we got to see one of the best TV dramas of the 70's/80's back on our screens again.

There was a brilliant website which documented the series, actors and the production side too, but it looks like it's gone. That's where my (admittedly questionable) recollection of these events comes from.

RE: The Professionals star Lewis Collins dead at 67. - Shady - 02-12-2013 01:16

Hi mods, can you reinstate post #5 from the split thread please? It was my response to the repeats of the programme and not part of the (ahem) disturbance in the force Wink Cheers!

EDIT: Thanks Smile