The UK Babe Channels Forum
Rik Mayall - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: Rik Mayall (/showthread.php?tid=60721)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rik Mayall - SOCATOA - 09-06-2014 20:59

Such sad news, R.I.P. Rik.

RE: Rik Mayall - Doddle - 09-06-2014 21:18

Shocking news, but he gave plenty of great laughs throughout his life, for any age group. RIP Sad

RE: Rik Mayall - Scottishbloke - 09-06-2014 21:22

I was very saddened to hear the news. I was a massive fan of Rik Mayall. I feel like a part of my childhood has just died. I was never a fan of the Young Ones as it was very much of the 80's era but I was a huge fan of Bottom, infact me and and my mother used to watch the show every Firday night on BBC2 and I would literally piss myself laughing from the word go. I loved the anarchic cartoon violence aswell as all the innuendos and blatant crudeness.

I've been watching the re-runs on UK TV Gold and the humour is still as funny and relevant now as it was then, I'm actually quite surprised that they managed to get the show past the censors in the 1990's as everything about it was politically incorrect. He pushed the boundaries of what was allowed to be shown on the TV to the absolute limits and he wasn't shy in doing so.

RIP to a legend of comedy and very much from the era when I was growing up who for half an hour every Friday night always made me laugh.

RE: Rik Mayall - lovebabes56 - 09-06-2014 21:25

^^^^ U remember which episode had the hornpipe bit in t?

RE: Rik Mayall - circles_o_o_o - 09-06-2014 21:28

Bottom used to have me in tears. So brilliantly immature.

[Image: wslhr6.gif]

RE: Rik Mayall - Forum Style - 09-06-2014 23:10

It's weird, I can chart the timeline of my life by Rik Mayall comedy shows - got most of them on DVD now. Mr Jolly lives next door was a big highlight for me. I can still recite all of the lines when I watch it. Also The Dangerous Brothers sketches on Saturday Live were so awesome it was worth sitting through Ben Elton's shite to get there. Even Filthy, Rich & Catflap had its moments - especially the trivial pursuit game which was surprisingly well-observed. Such a shame. #ComedyLegend

#ThankYouRik

RE: Rik Mayall - HannahsPet - 09-06-2014 23:14

(09-06-2014 20:11 )kruse Wrote:  A hero during my teenage years, so sad. RIP

Hope to see The Young Ones University Challenge episode aired soon in tribute.

Its on GOLD now Wink

RE: Rik Mayall - mr williams - 09-06-2014 23:47

I was a fan of him as Kevin Turvey, which gave him his TV breakthrough in A Kick Up The 80s

RE: Rik Mayall - dazzad99 - 10-06-2014 00:19

will be sadly missed rip rik

RE: Rik Mayall - lovebabes56 - 10-06-2014 08:03

Loved the ending of Ade's tribute to him!! I wonder what Neil (young ones) would have thought of it all? and I agree with you Forum probably many of us could chart our timelines through Rik's career!! Such a genius, and British comedy has a lot to thank him for. Did he ever win anything at the comedy awards? I'm sure those awards will now find some way to honour him and certainly he should posthumously win the lifetime award there as it would be a fitting tribute to him.