The UK Babe Channels Forum
RIP Robin Williams - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+----- Forum: In Memoriam (/forumdisplay.php?fid=368)
+----- Thread: RIP Robin Williams (/showthread.php?tid=61604)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: RIP Robin Williams - SOCATOA - 12-08-2014 10:51

So sad news. Always had a lot of time for Robin Williams as an actor and comedian, and friend of the earth.. R.I.P. Robin, you will be missed.

RE: RIP Robin Williams - handsomeSOB - 12-08-2014 11:02

Mrs Doubtfire was my favourite file of his, still can't fully believe it RIP

RE: RIP Robin Williams - lovebabes56 - 12-08-2014 12:06

RIP Robin. A comedy genius and legend. Thoughts and prayers to those closest to him. So sad to see a genius suffer such torment and His work and legacy will always cherished by millions

RE: RIP Robin Williams - Bandwagon - 12-08-2014 12:14

This has really shocked me, for such a funny guy who has made so many hilarious films.
How ironic that someone who could make millions laugh and smile was actually quite sad inside himself Sad
It just goes to show sometimes that we can never truly know what goes on inside other people's heads/private lives where they can end up in such dark places despite their exterior.
Terrible news.

RE: RIP Robin Williams - Clit Eastwood - 12-08-2014 12:45

Saddened to hear such awful news
I can remember the days of Mork and Mindy with great affection
Such a funny guy who made so many laugh and smile
Seems in the end he needed somebody to make him smile in times of sadness.
Ironic really ... A great loss to the world of humour and happiness
R.I.P fella

RE: RIP Robin Williams - Billy_Nomates - 12-08-2014 12:56

I'm shocked by this news. RIP Robin Williams.

RE: RIP Robin Williams - Kelly's Heroes - 12-08-2014 13:10

Sad

GOOOOOOOOD - BYYYYYYYYYE VIETNAAAAAAAAAM !!

That's right, I'm history.... I'm outta here. I got my lucky ticket home, baby. Rollin, Rollin, Rollin'... Keep Them Wagons Rollin'... RAWHIDE!

Yeah, that's right... the final Adrian Cronauer broadcast... and this one is brought to you by our friends at the Pentagon......

Will always be... Rockin' From The Delta To The DMZ

RIP Mr Williams, Sir.

RE: RIP Robin Williams - Goodfella3041 - 12-08-2014 14:09

I must confess that I always considered Robin Williams to be Patient Zero in the unfortunate epidemic of funny guys who tried to be serious and then failed to rediscover their funny side (viz. Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, etc.).

But reading the tributes today I realized that Robin Williams actually started out as a dramatic actor, but was encouraged by his teachers and acting coaches to pursue comedy. There is something quite sweet about that ... as if his sense of humour was as genuinely irrepressible as it seemed on TV.

Anyway, there is no denying his greatness in films like Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, etc. Mork & Mindy was great too and his stand-up shows were fantastic.

I remember living abroad one year and Good Morning Vietnam was the only English language movie I could find on VHS. I must have watched it a hundred times and could almost recite it by heart!

Thanks, Robin ... RIP ... all is forgiven!

RE: RIP Robin Williams - cosmonaut - 12-08-2014 15:30

I see that Alan Brazil has sparked outrage with his comments on Talk Sport about Robin Williams. What a buffoon he is. Sad

Alan began by stating that at first he thought Robbie Williams was dead, before realising it was Robin. He went on to say "I thought oh OK, then it didn’t hit me hard like it would if it had been Robbie, thank God it wasn’t.”

Stating his disapproval of suicide, Brazil added "I don’t have a lot of sympathy, I’m sorry. It might be harsh but that's the way I feel."

RE: RIP Robin Williams - jimmyt73 - 12-08-2014 15:56

Sad news that Robin has gone,its been quite a bad year and we have lost far too many talented actors of stage screen and tv this year,personally though i remember him on Mork and Mindy his finest role was in Good Morning Vietnam,R.I.P to a comedy great and fantasticly talented actor.