The UK Babe Channels Forum
Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: TV & Film Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+---- Thread: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn (/showthread.php?tid=8149)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - village10 - 09-06-2009 19:35

good riddance what a con that channel was i never had a good reception from it an extra £10.99 a month on top off skys £48 a month terrible pundits and commentary i be glad to see the matches they lose back on sky

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - *Kal-El* - 09-06-2009 19:36

well i hope there not planning on using the tube to get home as thats fucked lol

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - ritchie1 - 09-06-2009 19:56

Wherever Celtic games are shown, i will watch Big Grin
I would love for scottish football to go back with Sky. They are the best by a country mile.
To be fair Setanta have improved a hell of a lot since the PPV days. But i think the problem is they got too big for their own boots trying to match sky. Taking on Football, Rugby, Cricket, MotorSport and Boxing etc. Setting up a 24 hour news channel.
Its all coming back to haunt them as they simply cannot compete.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - cj1777 - 09-06-2009 20:49

never did like shitantas match coverage but they did have a few good things about them....................just looked and they are still broadcasting just now, but that could stop anytime soon.........need to cancel subscription with the bastards cause last time I just stoped paying them(as good a hint as any that we were parting company in my estimation) they kept the programme going and tried to demand the money......they got no change from me and after 6 weeks (close season) all was forgiven and the had me back at a bargain basement rateSmile

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - Stacey - 09-06-2009 21:24

C'mon they were ripping you off guys

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - G@Z! - 09-06-2009 21:27

so is sky and there making a profit not losses scuba diving community

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - *Kal-El* - 10-06-2009 00:04

It is true to that sky are ripping people off but then at the same time there at it, there out there to make money. Have to admit it wasn't for sky taking the football it wouldn't be the brand it is now. I think presentation is one of the best around even better then BBC and with people like andy gray and richard keys and jamie rednapp on sky sports i really enjoy watching it, plus they have taken the presentation of football foward. The football is first class, Football first where you can choose any game you want at a touch of button with 45 min highlights of your fav team is pure class. But i do agree they charge a lot for it, i guess at the end of the end its whether you chose purchase it or not.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - Colbert Rules - 10-06-2009 00:36

For boxing it was great and with ITV about to give up on the sport it looks like Sky will be the only broadcaster to show fights...sad.annoyed

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - *Kal-El* - 10-06-2009 00:45

it sure looks that way now Sad

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - admin. - 10-06-2009 08:02

cj1777 Wrote:just looked and they are still broadcasting just now, but that could stop anytime soon

When ITV Digital went into administration they carried on broadcasting for another 6 months, so it isn't necessarily the case that Setanta will stop broadcasting soon. In fact if the administrator of Setanta can by any chance find a buyer for it they won't need to stop broadcasting at all.