The UK Babe Channels Forum
Tour Championship - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Snooker (/forumdisplay.php?fid=294)
+----- Thread: Tour Championship (/showthread.php?tid=85692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Tour Championship - Snooks - 03-04-2023 01:16

Shaun Murphy is the champion after rallying from 0-4 down to beat Kyren Wilson 10-7.

The focus for all players now turns to the Crucible Theatre and the holy grail for the sport of snooker.

RE: Tour Championship - Joannis - 26-02-2024 17:39

Details of this season's Tour Championship have been released and it's knocked all the assumptions I had about the event for six. The field will be increased from 8 to 12 so players like Ali Carter, Mark Selby and John Higgins are now inline to play in it pending the World Open and I need to change my focus on the 1 year ranking List from the top 8 to the top 12.

The event will take place in Manchester Central from April 1 to 7. The Top 4 players on the 1YRL will be seeded and placed into the quarter final. The other 8 players will have a play off round to face them. To accommodate this change there will be 2 tables in operation from the Monday to the Thursday with the normal one table format restored for the semi-finals from the Friday.

RE: Tour Championship - Doddle - 01-04-2024 13:52

Allen v Higgins on ITV4 this afternoon, I think. Also Selby v G Wilson.

RE: Tour Championship - Snooks - 01-04-2024 14:39

Should just be the top 8 imo but maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy bladewave

RE: Tour Championship - Joannis - 01-04-2024 17:52

I reckon it's a conspiracy to get Ali Carter in the tournament.

What a season Zhang Anda and Ding Jinhui are having to be ranked 3 and 4 respectively on the 1 YRL and not have to play until Wednesday!

RE: Tour Championship - Doddle - 02-04-2024 13:33

Allen came back well from 4-1 down, but I thought Higgins was coming back at him when it was 6-6. But Allen finished it 10-7.

RE: Tour Championship - Joannis - 02-04-2024 17:59

Sadly, one of either Hawkins or Carter is guaranteed to go through to the quarter finals. On the plus side one of them will go out as well. Carter leads Hawkins 7-1.

Gary Wilson showed why he has had a better season than Mark Selby, beating him 10-8.

RE: Tour Championship - Doddle - 03-04-2024 14:19

Selby seems a bit crushed in defeat. But maybe a good run in Sheffield will restore his good humour.

Mark Williams was pushed almost all the way by Tom Ford but he prevailed.

Hawkins put up a good fight to get back to 9-8 against Carter but he still lost. Hendry in the mid-session interval sounded like Hawkins should just surrender with it at 8-4 rather than 7-5.

RE: Tour Championship - Joannis - 03-04-2024 20:13

Ronnie in red hot form with frame winning breaks galore to beat Ali Carter 10-2. No century breaks from Ronnie but he was dominant with 2 x 90+ breaks and 3 x 80+ breaks. However Ali Carter got a 141 break in the 8th frame which is the highest so far. Carter did well out of the rule change allowing him to participate in the tournament; £30,000 for reaching the quarter final and possibly another £10,000 if he wins the high break prize.

Ding Jinhui currently leads Mark Allen 2-1, and it looks like he's brought that gorgeous Chinese female referee with him that officiated the World Open final.

Zhang Anda and Gary Wilson are locked at 4-4. Zhang has had such a good season, Gary Wilson and Mark Selby had to play a qualifier for the privilege of playing against him.

Judd Trump and Mark Williams start tomorrow afternoon.

RE: Tour Championship - Doddle - 03-04-2024 21:15

Amusing to see the snarl wiped off Carter's face.