The UK Babe Channels Forum
All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Wrestling (/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+----- Thread: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=75964)

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 19-02-2021 21:05

(19-02-2021 20:19 )The Goatman Wrote:  he is jericho's mate

very true mate that stuff counts for a lot in wrestling , keep your big stars happy at all times,

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 19-02-2021 21:11

Dynamite averaged 747,000 viewers this week a good number but it only just beat NXT which did over 700k for first time in ages, anyone know if this was a special show,

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 19-02-2021 21:48

(19-02-2021 21:11 )winsaw Wrote:  Dynamite averaged 747,000 viewers this week a good number but it only just beat NXT which did over 700k for first time in ages, anyone know if this was a special show,

No it was just a normal show but came off cole turning heel so that may have boosted it.

I predict aew will do around 860k next week because of shaq then the following week will be back down in the 7s

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 20-02-2021 18:12

this weeks review

match 1 - Hangman Page and Matt Hardy vs. The Hybrid 2
i enjoyed the match 4 great wrestlers who worked well together to make something very enjoyable to watch,
most the important stuff happened after the match, Page relieved he was not drunk last week and had screwed over Hardy by switching the contracts and getting Matt to sign one that said if Page beats him on the PPV he will get all the money Matt makes in the first 4 months of this year,
an enraged Matt paid Hybrid 2 to beat down Page who was saved by the dark order, the look at the end as Page finally got who his friends are was great, hes going to join soon and it will be a great moment and will make the dark order the number 1 babyface stable in aew, love how slow aew have made this happen,
match 7 out of 10, all the stuff after 9 out of 10

match 2 - Women's World Title Eliminator Match: Riho vs. Serena Deeb
before the match started we where shown all the matches they had last week in Japan so we knew how had won and what there semi finals where, we where also told the last 2 usa matches would be on this weeks dark,
the match was great easily the best match of the night it was a PPV quality match i lived every moment of it, i am not over saying in this will be one of the best matchs seen on aew this year,
two of the best wrestles in the world gave a master class in counter-wrestling and the use of false finishes, it was also very physical every move was perfectly timed and the selling by both was world class,
Riho looked world class her her win and showed missing so mush wrestling last year has not slowed her at all, Deeb looked also class , a match where no one looked like a loser perfect booking,
10 out of 10

match 3 - Orange Cassidy vs. Luther
this was a short squash match to give Orange a win on his comeback, i really dont see what it actually for though as it set up nothing,
4 out of 10

Team Taz Attacks Sting
Sting took his first bump since 2015 and thankfully he was ok,
it sold the PPV match well making the heels look strong was spoiled a bit by Allin, Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs all being snowed in and not there,

match 4 - AEW Tag Team Championship Match: Young Bucks vs. Santana and Ortiz
i had mixed feeling on this match i liked Santana and Ortiz getting the chance to remind everyone how good they are there best match in a long time, and i liked the action by both teams that worked well together, but the fact that the Bucks would not sell anything in the match started to piss me off as it went along,
after the match Jericho and MJF forced a submission out of the Bucks so i guess they will be facing them on the PPV,
8 out of 10 (would have been a 9 with some selling)

match 5 - Matt and Mike Sydal vs. FTR
FTR again showed the bucks how to work and sell in a match, they held this together as a very green Mike made a lot of mistakes, he really should not be at this level in his carrier yet, after the match Jurassic Express cleared the ring maybe setting up a match on the PPV which i would like as they work so well with FTR,
5 out of 10 for the Sydal's 8 out of 10 for FTR, had to be different as it was like to different matches,

main event - Jon Moxley, Rey Fenix and Lance Archer vs. Eddie Kingston, Butcher and Blade
this was a good main event that did everything it had to moved along everyone in the right was and left everyone looking in a good place,
Moxley and Kingston keeping their rivalry alive in another excellent match they goth the most solo time as the biggest face and biggest heel in aew , it was really emotionally and had a lot of realism made it great to watch,
Archer continued to look a total bad ass as a face he finally looks the force he was in Japan who would have though turing him face for the first time would have worked like this,
Fenix did his usual high-flying stuff and was very good to watch,
Butcher and Blade looked very good again and really held the match together,
8 out of 10

after the match The Good Brothers attacked Moxley before Kenny Omega to came out and layed down the challenge for an Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match eekshockedSurprised. he then blasted Moxley with a V-Trigger and left him lying to close out the show, wtf i was not expecting that for PPV main event thats not the sort of match u see in main stream wrestling i dont see why AEW would risk Kenny in a match like that i get it had to be big as its Mox last chance at Kenny but this feels over the top,

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 20-02-2021 18:17

after this weeks show we know know a lot of the next PPV matches so far its looking like this at Revolution:

Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley (AEW world title Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch)

Sting & Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage & Ricky Starks (Street Fight)

Young Bucks vs. MJF & Chris Jericho (AEW tag team titles)

Hikaru Shida vs. Tournament Winner (AEW women’s title)

6-man Ladder Match to become number 1 contender for the TNT belt with Cody Rhodes, Scorpio Sky, Penta El Zero M (i guess the other 3 announced next week)

Hangman Page vs. Matt Hardy (Big Money Match)

that looks a good card to me

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 21-02-2021 15:24

(20-02-2021 18:17 )winsaw Wrote:  after this weeks show we know know a lot of the next PPV matches so far its looking like this at Revolution:

Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley (AEW world title Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch)

Sting & Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage & Ricky Starks (Street Fight)

Young Bucks vs. MJF & Chris Jericho (AEW tag team titles)

Hikaru Shida vs. Tournament Winner (AEW women’s title)

6-man Ladder Match to become number 1 contender for the TNT belt with Cody Rhodes, Scorpio Sky, Penta El Zero M (i guess the other 3 announced next week)

Hangman Page vs. Matt Hardy (Big Money Match)

that looks a good card to me

Tony khan is basically playing gm mode laugh Just gimmick matches...

Seen the spoilers for the womens tourny and its just gonna be the match we've seen multiple times already Rolleyes

An expolding barbwire death match lol didnt they get backlash for doing a chair shot to the head last year now they are doing this Huh

This company is getting more and more minor leagues every month

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 23-02-2021 16:55

this weeks Dark was given over to the womans title Tournament,

the show started with the news Anna Jay has injured her shoulder in training and is going to be out of action for 6 - 12 months,
Madi Wrenkowski from Mission Pro Wrestling replaced her last minute,

match 1 Tay Conti vs Nyla Rose-
this was a good match , it was very hard hitting , both women got to do some big moves, was nice seeing Conti booked to show of her martial arts skills , it looked like she could win until the ref Aubrey Edwards got distracted by the turnbuckle coming lose and missed Conti pinning Rose for about 8 seconds , after this with the ref still not looking hit a DVD out side the ring to knock her out before putting her back in the ring to hit her Beast Bomb and get the win,
the screw job finish was a shame after a good match
7 out of 10

match 2 Japan semifinal 1 Yuka Sakazaki vs Emi Sakura-
Sakura entered with students by her side to handle her cape and open the ropes as all Japanese heels do, i hope usa fans got it,
was a typical stiff japan match lots of hard hitting moves Sakura students got involved every time Yuka was out side the ring, was no surprise to see Emi win,
After the match Sakura and her students attacked Sakazaki. Hikaru Shida ran out to stop it, didn't know she was back in Japan i guess thats whey shes not been on tv for a bit,
8 out of 10

match 3 Japan semifinal 2 Aja Kong vs Ryo Mizunami-
this match was not that great, it was a fist fight with not much movement that went a bit hardcore outside the ring, with Ryo being thrown into a trash can at ring side, as this was going on the ref was counting the 10 and Ryo got back into the ring just before the 10 for a count out win,
5 out of 10

match 4 Dr. Britt Baker vs Madi Wrenkowski-
this was basically a squash match win for Britt,
most the action was after the short match, Baker curb stomped Madi then Reba drew Thunder Rosa’s face paint design on Madi as a way to mock the training relationship between Wrenkowski and Thunder Rosa
6 out of 10

that was it the usual mixed bag you get from the aew womans division, match 1 should have been the main event once Jay was not available,
i think Kong was only booked for her name it was not the sort of match that goes down well in usa, Britt's match had nothing to do with the Tournament really and was all about her tv feud with rosa,
was was surprised to see Hikaru Shida in Japan and getting involved in each match there,

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 24-02-2021 16:57

much to my surprise the womans Tournament was not actually dark not that aew made that clear, there was actually a 2 hour dark special after,
this was the long card, 17 matches was over kill, i felt knackered by the end,

Brian Cage(W) vs. John Skyler - easy squash match for Cage, they have done a good job of building him back up as a monster with all these hard hitting wins

Lee Johnson(W) vs. Serpentico - Lee push continues yet he still dont look that good

Eddie Kingston(W) vs. JD Drake - usual Eddie bar fight, Drake looked hard

Leyla Hirsch(W) vs. Brooke Havok - Havok debut ended not well as she did her ACL so not the match it could have been,

Jurassic Express(W) vs. VSK & Angel Fashion - easy squash match

JJ Garrett vs. QT Marshall(W) - Garrett looks like a young Scott Steiner even down to the same outfit, QT won easy enouth,

Max Caster(W) vs. Marko Stunt - a fun match both did some good moves,

Alex Reynolds & John Silver(W) vs. Louie Valle & Chris Peaks - easy squash win for dark order

Kip Sabian(W) vs. Fuego Del Sol - easy squash win for Kip

Varsity Blonds(W) vs. Shawn Dean & Carlie Bravo - this was a good fun match both teams got some good moves in, the Blonds push is looking good

Aaron Solow vs. Ryan Nemeth(W) - an easy win for Ryan , Peter Avalon was ring side looking to recruit Ryan to she pretty people group,

Ivelisse & Diamante(W) vs. Miranda Alize & Renee Michelle - i liked this match it was hard hitting and fun Ivelisse & Diamante showed why they should be used on tv

Tony Vega & Steven Stetson vs. Top Flight(W) - pointless squash match

Bear Country, Sonny Kiss, & Joey Janela(W) vs. M’Badu, Levy Shapiro, Daniel Joseph, & Aaron Fyre - a pretty good match BC are clearly being got ready for a run on tv they looked like hard men,

Ryzin & Baron Black vs. Peter Avalon & Cezar Bononi(W) - easy win as pretty people push goes on they are the kings of dark, its looking more and more likely they will be having a big feud with the Nightmare Family which will hopefully see some tv matches

KiLynn King(W) vs. Tesha Price - this was the 2nd best match of the night was hard hitting with a lot of action

Matt Sydal & Mike Sydal vs. TH2 vs. SCU(W) - lots of action all worked well together, lots of big moves should have been a tv match, after the win SCU said they where going after the tag belts

the main event was the best match by a long way , the rest of the matches where ok the sort of sort safe matches u get on dark each week, way to many squash matches that did nothing fr anyone could easily have cut that down to a 7 match card,

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - HannahsPet - 24-02-2021 17:17

Wow Bigshow has Joined AEW

[Image: EvAO5T_WYAcH6Cl?format=jpg&name=900x900]

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 24-02-2021 17:23

^^
Is that real ? Lol
He is really gonna highight how small everyone is...