The UK Babe Channels Forum
The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson (/showthread.php?tid=82489)

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - Rammyrascal - 19-12-2021 14:44

(19-12-2021 09:28 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(18-12-2021 23:36 )southsidestu Wrote:  The fact that Lord Frost resigned over plans to protect the public & The NHS & not his clusterfuck of a Brexit deal

Don't be so naïve. He can't see a way through the Brexit mess he helped create so he's using that as an excuse to run away and hide.

Was online shopping last week, for something my nephew wanted for Christmas. Got all the way through the relevant site only to be confronted by a banner on the delivery page -

Quote:Sorry, due to brexit we are not shipping to the UK at the moment

bladewave

This affected me as well. I occasionally buy merchandise from Impact Wrestling knockout JordynneGrace & for a long time this year she couldn't ship to the UK due to brexit & she had to register with HMRC for paying UK tax.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - southsidestu - 19-12-2021 23:38

(18-12-2021 23:43 )uwot Wrote:  Telling people to stay at home and closing people's businesses and handing out money which will need to be paid back by raising taxes (furlough), and creating a huge backlog of nhs appointments and cancelling surgeries causing further harm to people - that is not protecting the public or the nhs, it is doing more harm than good. It didn't work last time and we're on the verge of it again. deluded.

Ok so first of all what is more likely to cause an NHS backlog is it being overwhelmed by Covid cases something that Chief Medical office Chris Whitty brought up the other day. It has been reported on Sky News that the Health Service Journal has warned that based on current levels 1 in 3 healthcare workers in London could be off with Covid by the end of the month, the number of health workers off in London has doubled in the last 4 days alone.

Second in regards to handing out money & paying it back, if you are going to talk about a subject you really should get the most basic of understanding in how that subject actually works. I certainly hope you are not gullible enough to believe all the right wing propaganda that tells you that Government economics operates like any other household or business because that is laughably simplistic and utter bs.

Unlike households Governments do not borrow from private lenders like Barclays or RBS, Governments borrow from centralised banks in our case The Bank of England which though independent is basically another branch of the Government. Essentially we are borrowing from ourselves, it's not like if we default on our payments the BOE will send round the bailiffs to seize Stone Henge as collateral.

The fact that The UK has a centralised bank means that it can borrow money freely on international markets and print money for its own use, something you or I whether for ourselves or a business cannot. Government bonds are like IOUs their value is set by the confidence that people borrowing them will get their money back & since we are the fifth richest country in the world that confidence is high. It can also be paid back very slowly, in 1835 the British Government borrowed £20m (which at that time was equal to £17bn & 15% of UK GDP) to reimburse slave owners in the wake of abolition. The UK did not finish paying off that debt until 2015, 180 yrs later.

The benefit of paying money back over such a long time is that economies grow, whilst £20m/£17bn was 15% of GDP in 1835, today 15% of UK GDP is over £400bn & the NHS spends half that £20m some on paper & envelopes every year.

Most major economies in the world are in debt, The United States has been in debt & running a budget deficit for most of the last 40 yrs but has been the only economic superpower for most of that time. Their politicians put in a superficial debt ceiling but every time they are about to hit it, they just raise it.

The UK has a debt to GDP ratio of 85.4%, Japan 254.13% yet it is a more economically powerful country than we are.

Don't fall for the conservative debt boogeyman

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - uwot - 20-12-2021 12:41

I'm replying to this part because the rest of what you said is rambling which doesn't prove me wrong. The money spent will need to be paid for, you cannot prove that to be wrong and no amount of rambling will distract me from it.

(19-12-2021 23:38 )southsidestu Wrote:  Ok so first of all what is more likely to cause an NHS backlog is it being overwhelmed by Covid cases something that Chief Medical office Chris Whitty brought up the other day. It has been reported on Sky News that the Health Service Journal has warned that based on current levels 1 in 3 healthcare workers in London could be off with Covid by the end of the month, the number of health workers off in London has doubled in the last 4 days alone.

The way i see it is that you're wrong and that is based off the fact that a backlog has already been created for the reason i said, so the most likely thing to happen is what has already happened because it's about to be repeated. I can prove what i said, you can't, you can only predict based off what the so called experts are saying will happen.

Whitty said by dec 17th (3 days ago) there would be 800,000 cases of this new variant alone. How much more spectacularly wrong do these insane people have to be before you realise you're being led by absolute morons. Don't talk to me about falling for things because dangers like you and your ilk keep doing just that over and over again.

I imagine you've had 3 vaccines have you? How selfish is it that you feel it's ok to do that over a cold when people are having potentially life saving appointments refused. You should be ignored.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - SecretAgent - 20-12-2021 12:49

^ Actually you should be called out for the anti vaxxer you are. Congratulations for being too dumb to actually read the science rather than Facebook. You ought to educate yourself & understand how the predictions are requested by government and why that is.

I hope you or your nearest & dearest don't catch and die from this virus but if you do then I won't shed any tears as you clearly don't recognise that millions have died around the world in part due to irresponsible people like you!

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - uwot - 20-12-2021 13:05

(20-12-2021 12:49 )SecretAgent Wrote:  ^ Actually you should be called out for the anti vaxxer you are. Congratulations for being too dumb to actually read the science rather than Facebook. You ought to educate yourself & understand how the predictions are requested by government and why that is.

I hope you or your nearest & dearest don't catch and die from this virus but if you do then I won't shed any tears as you clearly don't recognise that millions have died around the world in part due to irresponsible people like you!

I know how that particular prediction was made and it was laughable, just like the rest that have all been wrong, not just wrong, but massively wrong.

I'm an anti vaxxer? i've had 2 of these vaccines so shut it. i don't need a third as i'm mid 30s and not too bad health wise. I'll consider a 3rd when others who actually need nhs treatment ahead of me have had their more deserved appointments.

Let me guess oh smart science reader, that you think GP's being paid to help vaccinate healthy teenagers and 20 somethings is more important than one of my family members cancelled check up for cervical cancer that was treated earlier this year?

You are an absolute embarrassment.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - SecretAgent - 20-12-2021 13:46

^ I guess as a troll you've been banned from your other sites. Actually I'm sorry that a relative of yours has been affected and wish it wasn't so but getting your booster at a vaccination centre won't impact her whereas your embarrasing lack of intelligence about the role of Sage just might.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - uwot - 20-12-2021 14:00

I'm looking at that particular modelling right now. It is ridiculous. Don't tell me what i do or don't understand.
Typical, anyone that disagrees with you as a troll eh?
Her own GPs are closed for vaccinations only. Of course that affects her, and vaccine centres are mostly staffed by nhs staff that come from surgeries and hospitals which affects all services. Don't be so naive. Say something worth reading.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - SecretAgent - 20-12-2021 14:05

Well you've proved your idiocy by your own words. You get challenged about your comments on the scientific range of predictions (as the Government ask for) and then say "I'm reading them now" - so not before you made your juvenile comments.

I rest my case

(Beginning to wonder if you are a returning troll)

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - uwot - 20-12-2021 14:43

(20-12-2021 14:05 )SecretAgent Wrote:  Well you've proved your idiocy by your own words. You get challenged about your comments on the scientific range of predictions (as the Government ask for) and then say "I'm reading them now" - so not before you made your juvenile comments.

I rest my case

(Beginning to wonder if you are a returning troll)

Read the first line of post 295. I have already read what i was talking about. You know this anyway, you're the one trolling here. I had it in front me again when i replied to you. It is very easy to find. It is easy to understand and is utterly laughable. Yet again precious sage have got things terribly wrong as they have done every step of the way.

You have no case to rest because you haven't challenged me on anything. Whitty and the rest have had their prediction proved wrong again. Even you have to admit this. Dec 17th has passed and the numbers they said weren't even close. Say something worth reading or shut it.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - Skyline - 20-12-2021 18:00

Big GrinTongue
[Image: 269526695-6896918703666709-7601140223183663284-n-2.jpg]