The UK Babe Channels Forum
All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Wrestling (/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+----- Thread: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=75964)

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - HannahsPet - 24-02-2021 17:46

From Tony Khans Twitter account so guessing its True

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 24-02-2021 17:51

Yeah bit of a random signing to do commentary... i assume he will wrestle at somepoint one last big payday for big show

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Kingsmind - 24-02-2021 18:07

Quite surprising that Big Show has joined AEW there again he is getting old like Chris Jericho so i guess it ain't that surprising but i am still surprised.

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - Doddle - 24-02-2021 22:37

I'm surprised too. Was Shane unwilling (or not allowed) to do his Hall of Fame induction?

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 25-02-2021 12:36

It's an interesting signing, will be interesting to see how he's used, as can see from this week's dark they already got way more wrestlers then they got spots for,
If it's for commentary I hope it's to replace JR he's so out of date and gets shown up every week by Excalibur

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 25-02-2021 14:08

The problem with jr is he really doesn't like what he is seeing in the ring so i dont think he can even be arsed to try... tony is just happy to be getting paid and Excalibur is over the top imo,
Taz is the one that should be on commentary.

Big show wont be on commentary long i just know that he has come to aew for that shaq match.... dear god

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 25-02-2021 15:14

^^ for me Taz and Excalibur should be doing the main coms they are excellent on dark, often there coms are the highlight, its proper old school babeface play by play man and heel colour coms , its all a bit to nice on the main coms some times as all 3 are face

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 25-02-2021 15:28

found out more info on what the big show will be doing in AEW,
hes been signed to be lead coms on a new show called AEW Dark Elevation that will go out every Monday night on AEW YouTube channel at 7pm every monday,
AEW dark will still go out on Tuesdays, hopefully less but better matches on both,
he will still be available wrestle as well,
big show said this about why he come to AEW
"It's been amazing to watch what AEW has built in just a couple of years. AEW Dark is an incredible platform to hone the skills of up-and-coming wrestlers, but I also love that established AEW talent can build out their personalities and showcase themselves in new ways on Dark. It's no exaggeration when they say that AEW is boundless."
AEW have said they will eventually set the stage for a match between Wight and Shaquille O'Neal,
Wight and Shaq had multiple run-ins in WWE, including a showdown in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 32. Both men talked about a potential WrestleMania singles match often, and while that never happened, AEW can now make the match a reality.

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - The Goatman - 25-02-2021 16:12

^^
But should they really i mean it 50 year old big show vs a 50 year old basketball player... big show is there for money like most of the other old guys but good luck to them.

I don't get why they are doing another dark show i mean whats the difference ? Do we really need another show with a bunch of tiny indy guys doing flips

RE: All Elite Wrestling discussion Thread - winsaw - 25-02-2021 16:51

^^ to be fair there where a lot of big guys on this weeks dark, i think the biggest problem is they get 5mins a week max to show what they can do and try and get over to get them to TV,
i would like to think with the new dark show plus the old dark show they will put far less matchs on each dark 4 - 5 matches each given 10 - 15 mins would be far more use to AEW as it would get more people watching and bring more talent through and hopefully get them over,
and i want to see less squash matches where the big guy they may use on tv just squashes a little indy guy who will never be on the tv show,