The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 29-11-2021 16:54

There's no need for IQ tests. Just look on Twitter at the typical anti mask / Vax loon and see how many of them have their favourite football club in their bio.

That's a sure sign of stupidity if ever there was one Wink

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Goodfella3041 - 29-11-2021 19:22

(29-11-2021 13:49 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  I'm not a fan of compulsory vaccinations, but I would perhaps consider some sort of IQ test for those unvaccinated, in order to ascertain their ability to make a sound judgement, although it is often the case of those with high intelligence that lack common-sense.

I’m not sure vaccination hesitancy is so much anti-science or a lack of common sense, as much as it has been folded into our identity and culture wars.

My ‘tribe’ is against the vaccine, so I need to be as well.

So much counter-intuitive nonsense and so many logical contradictions can be traced back to the scourge of identity politics.

I am so ‘anti-government’ that I will fight for my right to own a gun — but I still think the government should intervene in a woman’s reproductive rights. Huh??? That insane contradiction only makes sense when you remember that the Republican Party’s traditional base included the rural South (pro guns) and the Christian Right (anti abortion). It was the politics that sent Alice through the looking glass.

And now it’s vaccinations. ‘People like me’ are not being vaccinated and have had it with masks, so I have to reach for every morsel of evidence and every instagram meme that validates my rationale for doing the same.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 30-11-2021 21:16

In the Omicron variant I'm seeing a virus which far more transmissable than previous Co-vid variants.

But so far there hasn't been any mention of the effects of this variant.
Is it something more deadly or is it just a runny nose. There hasn't been any mention of hosptialisations yet.

We will find out within the next few days, lets hope for the later.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Boomerangutangangbang - 30-11-2021 21:46

^^ I believe that, the symptoms were different to to the other covid variants. It specifically mentioned a really high pulse-rate, but that also disappeared after a few days. However these were found in younger people, & could be more dangerous to older people. As is the case it will take time for it to spread to the older age range, before more is known.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - seducedx6 - 30-11-2021 22:14

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-59450988 This is from Sunday.
I don't know how, if I could embed it.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - seducedx6 - 30-11-2021 22:49

I don't know if anyone else has linked this, from a week ago: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/antibodies
An estimated 90+% of UK have antibodies against Covid.
My housemate and friend told me on Twitter.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Goodfella3041 - 01-12-2021 09:42

They’ve been reporting the high rate of antibodies in the population for about 6 months. The big surge started after vaccinations began.

What we still don’t know is how long that protection lasts against reinfection. There is a strand of viruses like the measles, where you get it once and never again. Coronaviruses are different because immunity wanes after a period of time. It’s the reason why we can repeatedly catch the common cold.

For COVID, we still don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. We don’t know how long vaccine-induced immunity lasts. And we don’t fully know the virulence of this latest variant or its severity — especially in more vulnerable people. It could kill you. It could give you a runny nose.

“Learning to live with this virus” has become the latest cliche and mantra, but I think people have a different understanding of what that means.

For some it means just getting on with our lives, accepting that people will catch it and some of them will die. For others it means getting accustomed to regular vaccinations and boosters, occasional flare-ups, and various restrictions that switch on-and-off depending on the latest variant and its spread.

It would help if our feckless government at least made clear what IT means by that phrase.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 02-12-2021 07:05

Boris needs to state fully once and for all, what it does mean tbh.

"Learning to live with this virus" probably does take many forms, but all the same what we need to have to have is the Govt SAYING CLEARLY what it means as I think social media & press needs that guidance too, to finally put a stop to misinformation.

The other problem is in the long term I fear is will yearly booster jabs even be enough to even keep antibodies levels at at a level stable enough to protect us? or will they even eventually make our immunity systems weaker so we can no longer fight off even the mildest of symptoms?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 02-12-2021 13:40

There's a new drug which has just been cleared by the UK regulators which claims that it works on all variations of Co-vid.

Xevudy which is made by GlaxoSmithKline has in trials cut deaths by 79% and reduces hospital admissions.

They plan to give it to those at risk, like obesity, being over 60, diabetes or heart disease.
There is already an antibody treatment available called Ronapreve.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 02-12-2021 16:06

(29-11-2021 19:22 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  
(29-11-2021 13:49 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  I'm not a fan of compulsory vaccinations, but I would perhaps consider some sort of IQ test for those unvaccinated, in order to ascertain their ability to make a sound judgement, although it is often the case of those with high intelligence that lack common-sense.

I’m not sure vaccination hesitancy is so much anti-science or a lack of common sense, as much as it has been folded into our identity and culture wars.

My ‘tribe’ is against the vaccine, so I need to be as well.

So much counter-intuitive nonsense and so many logical contradictions can be traced back to the scourge of identity politics.

I am so ‘anti-government’ that I will fight for my right to own a gun — but I still think the government should intervene in a woman’s reproductive rights. Huh??? That insane contradiction only makes sense when you remember that the Republican Party’s traditional base included the rural South (pro guns) and the Christian Right (anti abortion). It was the politics that sent Alice through the looking glass.

And now it’s vaccinations. ‘People like me’ are not being vaccinated and have had it with masks, so I have to reach for every morsel of evidence and every instagram meme that validates my rationale for doing the same.
That is it!! Gang mentality, and it is always easier to be part of a revolutionary grouping ie against something, rather than be responsible on your own!!