The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tumble_Drier - 10-12-2021 19:59

(10-12-2021 10:51 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  ^^ In a similar vein, I read an article, regarding, mask wearing in Supermarkets for example, whereby you could be exempt if your singing ??

Singing is the last thing I feel like doing when I'm in a Supermarket. Committing mass murder yes, singing no. Big Laugh

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Cooper_temple - 10-12-2021 20:15

58,194 positive cases today.
I think that is the sixth highest daily figure of the whole year!

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - keane - 10-12-2021 20:53

Two jabs offer little protection against Omicron infection, UK data shows.
Blimey this is a worry.

Data suggests such individuals have about 40% protection against Delta at this time point, protection against symptomatic infection with Omicron could be less than 10%.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/10/two-jabs-give-less-protection-against-catching-omicron-than-delta-uk-data-shows

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 10-12-2021 21:49

^^ thats based on such a tiny sample of people that even the scientists who conducted it say the figure cannot be considered anyway reliable,

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - winsaw - 10-12-2021 22:41

Today I traveled on the train from Bristol to London, then up to Leeds, then to York and was surprised to see how high the mask use was far higher than at the end of the last mask period, even on the tube it was about 85% 6 weeks ago when I was in London last it wasn't even 50% ,

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Goodfella3041 - 10-12-2021 22:43

(10-12-2021 20:15 )Cooper_temple Wrote:  58,194 positive cases today.
I think that is the sixth highest daily figure of the whole year!

What blows me away about this is the media reaction when they found just a few cases in East Anglia and a couple of cases in Scotland. They feel the need to specify whether these people had any connection with South Africa, and report on the Government’s monitoring of the situation, etc. etc. etc. They create the impression that everything is under control and it isn’t a huge problem.

We went through the exact same cycle with Wuhan, and then Delta. They never seem to learn the lesson.

If you’ve identified 10 cases, then there must be 1,000 people walking around spreading the virus. That’s the thing about COVID … by the time you’ve identified the problem, it’s already too late to prevent the problem.

If nothing else comes from this pandemic, we can at least hope that journalists and politicians of future generations understand the meaning of the word ‘exponential’.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 12-12-2021 20:15

Boris is addressing the nation tonight at 8pm.

No he's no resigning yet. He's raising the cov-id alert level from 3 to 4.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - hornball - 12-12-2021 20:19

(12-12-2021 20:15 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Boris is addressing the nation tonight at 8pm.

No he's no resigning yet. He's raising the cov-id alert level from 3 to 4.

I guess we will follow suit!!

Omicron may turn out to be more dangerous than imagined. Hospitalisation numbers now include a number with this new variant

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 12-12-2021 20:49

of Course its pre recorded will be the usual waffle

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Tractor boy - 12-12-2021 21:32

Every adult will have the chance of a booster by the end of the year says Boris.

Someone will have to pull their finger out as Someone I spoke to last week says they made an appointment 2 weeks ago and can't get jabbed till the end of January.