The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 23-12-2021 23:44

(23-12-2021 19:42 )Tumble_Drier Wrote:  Moderna booster done. I just had a lovely chat with Bill Gates in my head.

How do you know it was really him? Maybe they just want you to think it was him...

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 26-12-2021 08:45

I wonder whats coming 2moro
got a feeling boris is going to be closing everything down for a month

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 26-12-2021 11:02

Did I read somewhere that Chris Whittey was being given a knighthood in the new years honours list.

He'll probably deserve his award far more than those others that the PM will have listed.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Cooper_temple - 26-12-2021 13:13

When is the earliest we might hear something - Monday?
As usual, very difficult choices to be made, great news that the variant is less mild.
What are people thinking - circuit breaker for a few weeks or back to step 2 of roadmap or something else?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 26-12-2021 13:26

I'd be surprised if you get anything that requires a vote in Parliament.

Sure it would get through with Labour votes, but that's not a good look for Boris.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 26-12-2021 13:42

I had a quick look on GOV site and show NO red list countries I always thought Brazil was on red list

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 26-12-2021 13:45

they got rid of red list countries a couple of weeks back
bascially said no way of stopping it coming into the country

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 26-12-2021 13:51

(26-12-2021 13:13 )Cooper_temple Wrote:  When is the earliest we might hear something - Monday?
As usual, very difficult choices to be made, great news that the variant is less mild.
What are people thinking - circuit breaker for a few weeks or back to step 2 of roadmap or something else?

If boris is planning something IU reckon we won't know if anything is afoot until either 5pm tonight or 5pm tomorrow. My guess is Boris won't do anyhthing until Xmas or New Year's is over and out of the way.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rammyrascal - 26-12-2021 15:29

(26-12-2021 13:13 )Cooper_temple Wrote:  When is the earliest we might hear something - Monday?

For any restrictions to come in for new year, parliament has to be recalled tomorrow as MP's have to have 48 hours notice of a recall, so the earliest a vote could be is Wednesday on restrictions for them to then come into force on Thursday or New Year's Eve.

I think Parliament will be recalled sometime next week & tighter restrictions will come in on Monday 3rd January

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Boomerangutangangbang - 26-12-2021 16:41

Potentially looking at some sort of restriction in early January, & in place until end of March, hopefully it wont require the levels that we had last winter.

There still seems to be a considerable disparity between London & all other areas of the UK. It's not clear yet, if there will be a lag & all other areas follow the trends that the capital are experiencing, in terms of infections & hospitalizations.

We would hear a lot of the R number in the early days of the pandemic. The UK is running at 1 - 1.2 whereas London is 1.2 - 1.6.