The UK Babe Channels Forum
The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson (/showthread.php?tid=82489)

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - Goodfella3041 - 13-01-2022 13:12

This isn’t intended as a diversion into Brexit or Covid debates. There are other threads for that. But this all speaks to a minor rant that I’ve made before.

We tend to bunch things into those those that we think are ‘important’ — that affect our daily lives. And those that are ‘trivial’ — that we only follow out of prurient interest in a gossipy, tabloid way. When elections come around, we tell ourselves to focus on the former, not the latter.

That’s a mistake. Let’s be honest: it takes a PhD in economics to really understand the full implications of Brexit. And we’re not doctors or microbiologists — we have to rely on medical experts to guide us through a pandemic. People who are rightly passionate about climate change love to holler: ‘follow the science!’ But they don’t understand the science any more than I do. What they really mean is: follow the scientists that we trust the most. Anything ‘important’ is frighteningly nuanced and complex — and I’ve got work to do, bills to pay, and babeshow forums to follow.

So I basically have to elect men and women that are smart, honest and public-spirited, TRUSTING that they will do the right thing. In that context, the ‘trivial’ things seem a lot less trivial. Adultery is easy to understand. Boozy garden parties in the midst of lockdown are easy to understand. Sleaze and backhanders are easy to understand. The price of sofas and wallpaper is easy to understand. And these things all send the same message: these guys LIE and LIE and LIE repeatedly and out of narrow self-interest.

These things are not trivial at all and we should be laser-focussed on holding them accountable for them. If we keep forgiving the ‘little’ lies that ‘all politicians tell’, then we are giving them license to tall great big ones that cost lives and livelihoods.

All of that to say that Johnson should absolutely lose his job for lying about a garden party. He never should have had the job for the 327,668 lies he told before that.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - Skyline - 13-01-2022 13:49

Big GrinRolleyes
[Image: 271763317-7038235059535072-5695951660321580522-n-1.jpg]

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - Snooks - 13-01-2022 13:54

(13-01-2022 13:12 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  All of that to say that Johnson should absolutely lose his job for lying about a garden party. He never should have had the job for the 327,668 lies he told before that.

Oh come on now.
What about the other 753,698? laughWink

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - crankshaft - 13-01-2022 14:20

(13-01-2022 11:41 )Cooper_temple Wrote:  If (When) Boris goes, who do people think and want to be the next leader of the party?

I reckon this is the question that's been doing the rounds amongst Tory MPs for weeks, and I'd say now blocks of support around individual candidates are actively moving behind the scenes to gather more support behind their man/woman, even if the preferred candidate themselves haven't even consented to it. One name doing the rounds will undoubtedly be Liz Truss.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - The Silent Majority - 13-01-2022 14:45

(13-01-2022 14:20 )crankshaft Wrote:  One name doing the rounds will undoubtedly be Liz Truss.

I think a remainer will be difficult for them to swallow. Unless of course, she behaves like an absolute cunt with the EU negotiations.

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - HannahsPet - 13-01-2022 15:09

Now a chinese spy operating in the HOC working with an MP

couldnt make it up Tongue Tongue Tongue

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - lovebabes56 - 13-01-2022 19:10

Jeez I bet she's bet she's been there a long time and no - one questioned her seriously or long enough

Should Boris now shut down all Chinese restaurants?

(13-01-2022 13:54 )Snooks Wrote:  
(13-01-2022 13:12 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  All of that to say that Johnson should absolutely lose his job for lying about a garden party. He never should have had the job for the 327,668 lies he told before that.

Oh come on now.
What about the other 753,698? laughWink

I'd say It is a good few more than that mate must be nearer 999,999 Tongue Tongue laugh Bounce

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - lovebabes56 - 13-01-2022 20:15

More bad news for Boris : -

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-mp-facing-suspension-for-breaking-rules-over-apology-for-bullying-parliamentary-staff/ar-AASJnO1

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - skully - 13-01-2022 20:28

(13-01-2022 19:10 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  ...

Should Boris now shut down all Chinese restaurants?

I really do wonder about you sometimes, in what world would that be okay.
Chinese restaurants aren't owned by the state, so you'd be punishing innocents Rolleyes

RE: The Dubious World of Boris Johnson - Tumble_Drier - 13-01-2022 21:43

(13-01-2022 19:10 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  Should Boris now shut down all Chinese restaurants?

What the actual fuck are you on about?